Alonti pecan pesto pasta is extremely scrumptious. Do-it-yourself basil pesto with pecans is tossed with pasta and served heat as a aspect dish or chilly as a pasta salad.
This put up comprises affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Pecan Pesto So Good?
Pesto is all the time made with pine nuts, proper? Properly, no. There’s all kinds of pesto, and among the best is that this model that makes use of pecans. Pecans give this sauce a candy, buttery taste that pine nuts simply can’t match, and as a bonus, they’re much cheaper!
Basil Pecan Pesto makes an excellent sauce for pasta, however there are such a lot of extra methods to make use of this versatile recipe! Take a look at the part beneath for extra recommendations.
Why You Ought to Attempt This Basil Pesto With Pecans
Apart from switching out the kind of nuts, this sauce has yet another trick up its sleeve. As a substitute of utilizing solely parmesan cheese, as most conventional pesto recipes name for, it provides a contact of Pecorino Romano cheese.
The slight nuttiness of Pecorino Romano works completely in pesto leading to a light-weight but full-flavored sauce you’ll need to make repeatedly.
Pecan Pesto Recipe Elements
For this pesto recipe with pecans, you’ll want:
- Contemporary basil leaves
- Further virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Pecorino Romano cheese
To complete the recipe, you’ll want:
- Crushed pecans (non-obligatory)
- Parmesan cheese, grated (non-obligatory)
- Pecorino Romano cheese, grated (non-obligatory)
The very best pasta shapes for this dish have loads of floor space. Gemelli and fiorelli, with all their bends and folds, are excellent for trapping pesto sauce. Brief tubular pasta like penne and rigatoni would additionally work effectively.
In case you don’t look after pecans, you possibly can substitute them with walnuts.
Learn how to Make Pecan Basil Pesto
To organize the pesto sauce:
- Rinse the basil leaves and dry them very effectively.
- Peel the garlic cloves and smash them with the flat aspect of your knife to make the cloves simpler to course of.
- Mix the basil, garlic, and additional virgin olive oil within the bowl of a meals processor. In case you don’t have a meals processor, use a blender, however watch out to not mix an excessive amount of and overheat the sauce.
- Pulse two or 3 times simply to interrupt up the garlic.
- Add the kosher salt to the bowl of the meals processor and crumble within the pecans. Course of till there are not any giant chunks of nuts.
- Add the parmesan and Pecorino Romano cheeses. Pulse till the cheese absolutely incorporates. The feel must be considerably clean however not a liquid consistency.
- Use a rubber spatula to switch the pesto to an hermetic container and hold it within the fridge till wanted.
To sauce the pasta:
- Cook dinner the pasta in response to the directions on the packet.
- Drain the pasta, however retain a few cup of pasta water.
- Add the pesto sauce to a big mixing bowl. You’ll want a few cup of pesto sauce for every pound of pasta.
- A couple of tablespoons of reserved pasta water combined into the pesto sauce will skinny it out and make mixing simpler.
- Toss the pasta with the pesto sauce. If the pesto remains to be clumping, add a bit extra pasta water.
- Plate and garnish with non-obligatory crumbled pecans and grated cheese.
What Else Can You Do With This Pecan Pesto Recipe?
Most individuals hear “pesto” and instantly consider pairing it with pasta or gnocchi. Each are good choices, however they aren’t the one ones. Listed here are some extra artistic methods to make use of Pecan Pesto Sauce:
- Unfold it on bread for extra flavorful sandwiches.
- Unfold it on high of crostini or crackers with goat cheese for a scrumptious appetizer.
- Make a pizza with pesto sauce, tomatoes, and goat cheese.
- Toss the pesto with boiled potatoes for an superior aspect dish.
- Combine the sauce with scrambled eggs.
- Whip cream cheese and pesto collectively for a fast dip.
Learn how to Retailer the Leftovers
Hold additional pesto within the fridge in an hermetic container. Place plastic wrap straight on the floor to stop it from browning.
For prolonged storage, pour the pesto into ice dice trays. Freeze it till strong. Switch the frozen pesto cubes to a plastic freezer bag. It can last as long as 3 months within the freezer.
How Lengthy Will It Final
Basil pesto with pecans will keep contemporary for 3 or 4 days within the fridge, however the basil could darken earlier. Including a contact of acidity within the type of lemon juice or vinegar may also help protect the colour.
Extra Recipes with Pesto
Widespread Pasta Recipes
Take a look at extra of my simple pasta recipes and the perfect copycat restaurant recipes on CopyKat!
Alonti’s Pecan Pesto Pasta
Altonti’s Pecan Pesto is a good tackle conventional pinenut pesto, this basil pesto is made with pecans.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 25 contemporary basil leaves
- 1/2 cup additional virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 5 – garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Romano cheese
- 1 pound pasta cooked in response to bundle instructions
Wash basil leaves and place right into a meals processor with the olive oil and garlic. Pulse a number of occasions till the garlic begins to interrupt into small items. Add kosher salt and pecans and course of briefly at medium velocity, then add cheese and pulse till the cheese is combined uniformly by way of.
Pour pesto over cooked pasta and blend effectively. In case you don’t intend to eat all the pesto without delay, retailer remaining pesto in an air tight container, it’ll stay contemporary for a few days.
Energy: 855kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 25g | Fats: 44g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Ldl cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 1019mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 366mg | Iron: 2.3mg