The air is buzzing with speak of this scrumptious, springtime deal with. Enter the Bee Sting (Bienenstich) Bundt Cake! We love the flavors of this storied cake and thought to mix it with certainly one of our favourite kinds of cake- a Bundt after all.
German in origin, Bienenstich dates again to the fifteenth century when legend has it that the townspeople of Andernach, Germany, prevented an assault on them by hurling bees’ nests on the attackers, inflicting them to run away. The city’s bakers celebrated by making a model of what’s now referred to as Bienenstich. Irrespective of its origin, the bee sting cake is scrumptious! The yeast within the cake dough creates a light-weight and fluffy crumb with a golden-brown exterior. It’s sweetened with honey in addition to sugar, giving it a slight floral style. The cake is halved and crammed with a clean and thick custard and lined with a candy and crunchy almond topping. For a shocking look to your cake, we recommend baking it within the Nordic Ware® Elegant Party Bundt® pan. The straightforward scalloped sides and ready-to-slice model create an irresistible honey-kissed deal with!
In search of extra Bundt inspiration? Join the Bundt of the Month Membership right here and get baking right now!
Bee Sting (Bienenstich) Bundt Cake
- 2½ cups (313 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2¼ teaspoons (7 grams) instantaneous yeast
- 1½ teaspoons (4.5 grams) kosher salt
- ⅔ cup (160 grams) heat complete milk (120°F/49°C to 130°F/54°C)
- 5 tablespoons (105 grams) honey, divided
- 1 giant egg (50 grams), room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (114 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature and divided
- ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (95 grams) sliced almonds
- Custard Filling (recipe follows)
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat flour, yeast, and salt at low velocity simply till mixed. Add heat milk, 3 tablespoons (63 grams) honey, egg, and vanilla, and beat till a shaggy dough varieties. Swap to the dough hook attachment. Add ¼ cup (57 grams) butter, and beat at medium velocity till a clean, cheesy dough varieties and pulls away from sides of bowl, 10 to 12 minutes. Prove dough, and form right into a clean ball.
- Spray a big bowl with cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to grease high. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till doubled in measurement, about 45 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar, cream, remaining ¼ cup (57 grams) butter, and remaining 2 tablespoons (42 grams) honey. Warmth over medium-high warmth, stirring ceaselessly, till butter is melted and sugar dissolves. Take away from warmth, and fold in sliced almonds.
- Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour. Pour sugar combination into ready pan, utilizing a spoon or spatula to unfold and degree combination.
- Punch down dough, and prove onto a clear floor. Pat or roll into an 18×8-inch rectangle, urgent all the way down to fully flatten dough and pop any remaining air bubbles. Beginning at one lengthy aspect, roll dough into a good rope, firmly urgent dough as you roll; pinch seam to seal. Form dough into a hoop, with seam on within ring. Place dough, seam aspect dealing with within pan, in ready pan. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till puffed, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bake till golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted close to heart registers no less than 190°F (88°C), 25 to half-hour. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack, and let cool fully.
- Utilizing a big, serrated knife, lower cooled cake in half horizontally. Slide high half onto a cake board or plate to maneuver. Unfold Custard Filling onto backside half of cake. Slide high half of cake on high of filling. Refrigerate for half-hour earlier than serving. Finest served similar day.
- 3 giant egg yolks (56 grams), room temperature
- 3 tablespoons (36 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (16 grams) cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- 1 cup (240 grams) half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (12 grams) vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup (120 grams) chilly heavy whipping cream
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- In a small saucepan, warmth half-and-half over low warmth, stirring ceaselessly, simply till steaming. (Don’t boil.) Slowly add half of half-and-half to egg yolk combination, whisking always. Add egg combination to remaining half-and-half in pan. Convey to a boil, whisking always; cook dinner, whisking always, till thickened, 2 to three minutes. Take away from warmth. Whisk in butter and vanilla. Cowl with plastic wrap, urgent wrap instantly on floor of custard to stop a pores and skin from forming. Refrigerate till chilly, no less than half-hour.
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat chilly cream at medium-high velocity till medium-stiff peaks kind. Add chilly custard, and beat till mixed and fluffy, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Use instantly.