My smooth and chewy butter pecan cookies are made with toasted pecans, brown sugar, and loads of butter. They’re extremely straightforward to make with NO mixer and NO chilling required! Recipe features a how-to video!
The BEST Butter Pecan Cookies
Followers of my current butter pecan cake might be thrilled to find these equally buttery, wealthy, and flavorful butter pecan cookies! These cookies make an important deal with year-round (I really like bringing them to events and potlucks!), however I particularly love them in the course of the fall when pecans are in-season. Positively save this one to your vacation baking!
What’s to like:
- Fast: No chilling required and simply 25 minutes of prep together with the scooping and rolling (in case you resolve to roll them!).
- Straightforward: Since we begin with melted butter as an alternative of softened, there’s NO MIXER REQUIRED! Melted butter additionally actually infuses the butter taste all through the dough, which is vital since these are butter pecan cookies!
- Unbelievable taste: Toasted pecans, toffee bits, loads of vanilla, and a sprinkle of sea salt…are you swooning over these cookies but?!
- Smooth & chewy outcomes: My rigorously chosen elements (melted butter, darkish brown sugar, and an additional egg yolk) and baking approach (barely underbake) guarantee these cookies keep smooth and chewy for days. Alternatively, in case you’re in search of crunchy, buttery cookies, strive my butter crunch cookies!
If you’re a pecan lover (have you ever tried my Italian cream cake?!), you’re completely going to like these cookies. I can’t wait to listen to how you want them!
What You Want
All of those elements are fairly primary (okay, toffee bits won’t be primary) and may already be in your pantry. Listed below are a couple of key gamers in immediately’s recipe.
- Toasted pecans. Toasting your pecans first is non-obligatory, however it is going to give your cookies one of the best taste. I at all times advocate toasting your nuts and then chopping them; this helps them toast evenly and minimizes the prospect of burning in your oven.
- Melted butter. Let your butter cool to the contact earlier than including your sugars, or you might soften the sugars and damage your dough. No quantity of chilling will repair this, sadly.
- Darkish brown sugar. Darkish brown sugar accommodates extra molasses, which enhances the flavors of the pecans.
- Egg + egg yolk. An additional yolk creates tender, moist, and chewy cookies. Including a full additional egg would make the cookies unfold extra and would require a chilling step, which I wished to keep away from right here. Save the leftover egg white for candied pecans!
- Toffee bits. These are non-obligatory, however I really like the additional taste and texture they add. Be happy to crush up some selfmade toffee, or use toffee bits offered within the baking aisle at your grocery retailer. In the event you seize the store-bought model, you possibly can even use the sort that’s coated in chocolate–yum!
SAM’S TIP: Measure your flour correctly, or you might find yourself with a tough, robust dough. This dough is already stiff, so including additional flour might make it VERY onerous to work with. I additionally advocate you add your flour steadily for this very cause.
Keep in mind, that is simply an summary of the elements I used and why. For the total recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the put up!
Make Butter Pecan Cookies
- Stir the sugars into the cooled melted butter till mixed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and stir effectively, then put aside.
- Mix the dry elements in a separate bowl, then steadily add them to the moist elements. I like to do that in three elements and advocate you do the identical.
- Add the toasted chopped pecans and toffee items (if utilizing) and stir till integrated. The dough might be stiff–that is regular!
- Scoop the dough into rounded 1 ½ tablespoon balls and roll between your palms, if desired. Place 2″ aside on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350F. Let the cookies cool utterly on their baking sheets earlier than having fun with.
SAM’S TIP: Don’t over-bake your cookies! The sides ought to be a light-weight golden brown however the facilities ought to nonetheless appear smooth and even only a trace under-baked. Allow them to cool utterly on the baking sheet, the place they’ll end baking as they cool. This can preserve your cookies smooth and chewy versus pulling them out of the oven when the facilities are agency and totally baked, which is able to truly lead to over-baked, onerous cookies.
Incessantly Requested Questions
This can occur in case your butter is simply too heat if you add your sugars. Similar to when making brown butter toffee cookies, you need to let the butter cool to the contact (don’t let it re-solidify although) earlier than including the sugars, or the sugars will soften and the dough might be ruined. No quantity of chilling will repair this sadly, so one of the best factor to do is stop it from occurring within the first place!
It is a stiffer dough, but when yours is overly dry and received’t come collectively, you might have by chance added an excessive amount of flour. I like to recommend utilizing a kitchen scale to stop this.
Dry dough will also be brought on by including the dry elements all of sudden as an alternative of steadily, which is why I like to recommend doing this step in a couple of elements. Lastly, in case your cookies are so stiff they received’t unfold, simply flatten them on the baking sheet earlier than baking them.
Sure! These butter pecan cookies freeze effectively. Simply comply with the directions for drop cookies in my the right way to freeze cookie dough put up.
Simply take a look at that good smooth and chewy texture! My favourite 🥰
Get pleasure from!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video beneath! In the event you do this recipe, make sure you tag me on Instagram, and it’s also possible to discover me on YouTube and Facebook
Butter Pecan Cookies
My smooth and chewy butter pecan cookies are made with toasted pecans, brown sugar, and loads of butter. They’re extremely straightforward to make with NO mixer and NO chilling required!
Servings: 28 cookies
Forestall your display from going darkish
Toast Pecans (non-obligatory)
Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Unfold pecan halves evenly over cookie sheet and bake on 350F (175C) for 3-5 minutes.
Take away from oven (don’t flip off your oven) and put aside when you put together your cookie dough.
In a big bowl, mix melted butter and sugars. Stir effectively.
1 cup (226 g) unsalted butter, 1 ¼ cup (250 g) darkish brown sugar, ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
Add eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and stir till well-combined.
1 giant egg + 1 egg yolk, 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk collectively flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3 cups (375 g) all objective flour**, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, ¾ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ¾ teaspoon salt
Regularly add flour combination to moist elements till utterly mixed.
Coarsely chop your pecans then stir within the pecans and toffee bits till mixed.
1 ½ (175 g) heaping cups pecan halves, ½ cup (120 g) Heath Toffee bits
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and drop cookie dough by heaping 1 ½ Tablespoon onto ready cookie sheet, spacing not less than 2″ aside.
Switch to 350F oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies ought to nonetheless look smooth/barely under-done within the facilities. Sprinkle with sea salt whereas heat.
Enable cookies to chill utterly on baking sheet and they’re going to end baking by means of as they cool however will keep good and smooth!
** measure flour
If you’re utilizing cups, the easiest way to measure out your flour is to stir it in its bag/container then spoon it into your measuring cup and stage off the measuring cup. Packing in your flour (over-measuring it) will depart you with a dry/crumbly cookie dough.
Retailer any leftover, cooled cookies in an hermetic container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
Serving: 1cookie | Energy: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 58mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 364IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg
Dietary data relies on third-party calculations and ought to be thought of an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will differ based mostly upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking methodology, portion sizes, and extra.
Recipe initially revealed December of 2018. Publish has been up to date with new images and a brand new video, however recipe stays the identical.