This Chocolate Espresso Pound Cake is a wealthy, moist chocolate pound cake recipe topped with silky chocolate espresso ganache!
Love espresso? Be sure to attempt my Double Chocolate Mocha Cookies too!
This Espresso Pound Cake is made in partnership with Imperial Sugar. Click here for the full recipe.
This Is A Scrumptious Chocolate Espresso Pound Cake Recipe!
Searching for a wealthy, moist, completely chocolate pound cake with a touch of espresso in your morning caffeine repair? I’ve acquired you lined at present! This cake is extremely scrumptious, topped with a silky chocolate espresso ganache that may make you wish to curl up in your sofa with a blanket and a candle.
Espresso Pound Cake Components:
For the complete checklist of substances and recipe directions hope over to Imperial Sugar!
- Brewed espresso or very robust espresso
- Granulated sugar
- Massive eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- Baking powder
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- All goal flour
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10- cup Bundt cake pan
- Baking spray
- Espresso Powder or Prompt Espresso
- For the complete recipe click on HERE.
- Cake: Preheat the oven to 325°F. Generously coat a ten – 12 cup bundt pan with baking spray. Put aside.
- Combine the espresso and the buttermilk collectively, put aside.
- Within the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and sugar collectively on medium pace for five minutes till mild and fluffy.
- Add within the eggs separately, mixing till mixed, scraping the perimeters of the bowl as needed. Add within the vanilla, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder and blend till mixed and easy.
- Flip the mixer to low and add within the flour and buttermilk combination in alternating additions, starting and ending with the flour. Combine till simply mixed, scraping the perimeters of the bowl to make sure combination is evenly mixed. Stir within the chocolate chips if utilizing.
- Pour the batter into the ready pan. Bake for 60 – 70 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear.
- Enable the cake to chill within the pan for 20 minutes, after which loosen the cake from the perimeters of the pan utilizing a butter knife. Invert the cake onto a wire rack or lake plate to chill utterly.
How Do You Make the Chocolate Espresso Ganache?
- Chopped semi-sweet chocolate or good high quality chocolate chips. Since this chocolate makes up the ganache and must soften easily I like to recommend utilizing a top quality chocolate!
- Espresso powder
- Heavy cream
- Chop the chocolate and place that in a bowl with the espresso powder.
- Warmth the butter and cream in a saucepan till it’s sizzling and begins steaming, however not boiling.
- Pour the recent cream on prime of the chocolate and stir till melted and easy.
- Enable the ganache to chill for at the very least 20 minutes to thicken after which pour on the cake.
What Is Espresso Powder?
Espresso powder is a finely floor prompt espresso that’s primarily used for baking. It isn’t the identical factor as floor espresso as a result of it’s meant to dissolve, which is why it’s extra like an prompt espresso or prompt espresso. BUT if a pinch you may completely use floor espresso as an alternative, simply understand it gained’t dissolve like espresso powder! You too can sub in prompt espresso in it’s place, as that’s meant to dissolve as properly, it simply gained’t be fairly as robust!
You should buy Espresso Powder HERE.
What If You Don’t Like Espresso?
Properly, if you happen to don’t just like the espresso taste, this won’t be the recipe for you, however word which you can make this with out the espresso as properly. As a substitute of the brewed espresso within the cake, use water, and easily omit the espresso powder within the ganache!
How To Serve This Espresso Bundt Cake
You may take pleasure in pound cake at nearly anytime of the day! With a cup of espresso, as a mid-afternoon candy deal with, or for dessert! It’s scrumptious by itself or with a scoop of ice cream!