Popeyes Crimson Beans and Rice got here in direct response to many individuals’s requests. You may get pleasure from Cajun meals if you end up not in New Orleans.
This put up incorporates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Popeyes Crimson Beans and Rice So Good?
Whereas there is no such thing as a denying Popeye’s serves wonderful rooster, the chain’s different Southern classics, akin to their model of Crimson Beans and Rice, are equally good. Crimson Beans and Rice is a favourite of many diners as a result of it’s cheap, filling, and has that genuine Louisiana everybody loves.
If you’re a fan of the Popeyes Crimson Beans and Rice recipe, you bought to do this copycat model as a result of it’s even tastier.
Why You Ought to Strive This Copycat Recipe for Crimson Beans and Rice
The rationale this model surpasses even Popeye’s is that it makes use of an actual ham hock. Southern cooks historically love ham hocks for the deep, meaty, smoky taste they communicate to their beans, however the recipe for Popeyes Crimson Beans and Rice doesn’t embrace it.
If yow will discover one, use it, however in the event you would slightly not, see beneath for a budget-friendly vegetarian different.
Popeyes Crimson Beans and Rice Components
To make this Popeyes Crimson Beans and Rice recipe, you’ll want:
- Crimson beans, canned
- Smoked ham hock
- Onion powder
- Garlic salt
- Crimson pepper flakes
- Floor pepper
- Lengthy grain rice
A bigger ham hock means extra taste. Choose one weighing half a pound or extra. In the event you don’t wish to use a ham hock, 1/4 teaspoon of liquid smoke is an effective different.
In the event you go away the ham hock out since you desire a vegetarian model of this recipe, be sure to interchange the lard with three tablespoons of olive oil.
Please use good-quality rice with this. We didn’t just like the outcomes with Minute Rice, however Success Rice boil-in-the-bag did come out properly. It is possible for you to to make Popeye’s Crimson Beans and Rice at dwelling with this recipe.
The best way to Make Crimson Beans and Rice Like Popeyes
To arrange this copycat Popeyes Crimson Beans and Rice:
- Empty two cans of the beans right into a medium sauce pan. Add the ham hock and water.
- Deliver the uncovered beans to a simmer over medium warmth. Cook dinner for about an hour till the meat is tender. Keep watch over the beans to make sure they by no means come to a full boil or dry out.
- Take the pot off the range and permit it to take a seat till the ham hock is cool sufficient to deal with. Take away the meat from the bone and cube it till small items.
- Discard the bone and return the meat to the pan. Stir within the remaining seasonings and the lard.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the beans for just a few seconds to assist break up the beans. You should utilize a meals processor in the event you don’t have a stick blender.
- Dump in a can of drained crimson beans and pulse a few times simply to interrupt them up just a little. Return the bean combination to the pan in case you are utilizing a meals processor.
- Stir the uncovered beans over low warmth for a couple of minutes to heat them evenly, and serve.
How To Serve Crimson Beans and Rice
Ladle the crimson beans right into a bowl. Spoon scorching white rice within the middle of the crimson beans. Strive garnishing with a number of slices of inexperienced onions or scallions for a pop of coloration and an additional burst of taste. Serve with scorching sauce on the aspect.
What Goes With Crimson Beans and Rice?
You may serve crimson beans and rice as a most important course, however it’s extra typically a aspect dish with fried rooster. Different sides that go together with it embrace mac n cheese, biscuits, and coleslaw.
How To Retailer Leftovers
Let additional crimson beans cool, after which retailer them in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as three days.
To maintain the beans longer, you’ll be able to freeze them for as much as three months in a freezer bag.
When you have quite a lot of leftovers, attempt freezing particular person parts.
The best way to Reheat Beans and Rice for the Greatest Outcomes
For the perfect taste and texture, put together the rice contemporary.
Whereas the rice is cooking, you have got time to reheat the beans the proper approach:
- Dump the thawed beans in an ovenproof casserole dish with a splash of water on the underside.
- Cowl and warmth for about 15 to twenty minutes in a 350-degree oven till scorching.
In style Quick-Meals Copycat Recipes
Get pleasure from rice? Try my favourite rice recipes
Ensure to check out extra of the perfect aspect dishes and copycat restaurant recipes.
Did you get pleasure from this copycat recipe? Signal as much as obtain extra copycat recipes.
Subscribe to CopyKat.com
Love CopyKat Recipes? Be notified when new recipes are launched.
Popeyes Crimson Beans and Rice
You may make wonderful crimson beans and rice like Popeyes.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 3 cans crimson beans
- 1 smoked ham hock (1/2 to three/4 pound) (or substitute with 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crimson pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly floor pepper
- 4 cups cooked lengthy grain rice for serving
Pour 2 cans of beans right into a 2-quart saucepan together with the ham hock and water.
Simmer on medium warmth for an hour, till the meat begins to loosen from the bone.
Take away from the warmth and funky till the ham hock is cool sufficient to deal with.
Take away the meat from the bone, and place the meat, beans, and liquid from the pot in a meals processor.
Add the onion powder, garlic salt, crimson pepper flakes, salt, and lard.
Course of for under 4 seconds. The beans must be chopped and the liquid thick.
Drain the remaining can of beans and add it to the processor.
Course of for only a second or two; you need these beans to stay virtually entire.
Pour all the things again into the pan and cook dinner slowly on low warmth, stirring typically, till you’re able to serve.
Serve over rice.
Energy: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 20g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Ldl cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 304mg | Potassium: 632mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 4mg