This Dorito casserole recipe is made with layers of Doritos, floor beef, cheese, black beans, and corn and is filled with taco taste! It’s a simple casserole that everybody will love!
Simple Dorito Taco Casserole Recipe
I’m an enormous fan of simple, crowd-pleasing casseroles. This layered Dorito casserole matches the invoice. You’ll solely want quarter-hour of prep and a while within the oven earlier than you might be able to serve the gang a scrumptious taco-reminiscent entree that may hold them coming again for seconds.
Consuming this Doritio casserole actually is like consuming tacos out of a pan. The Doritos give a taco-like crunch, and the taco-seasoned meat combination supplies the proper punch of taste with simply the correct quantity of moisture. The chips get comfortable sufficient to chunk into with out problem however not so comfortable that they develop into soggy. The addition of black beans and corn spherical out this consolation meals masterpiece with a little bit of freshness. You need to attempt it.
What You’ll Want
Here’s a checklist of what you will want to make this flavor-packed, layered Dorito casserole. Don’t overlook to scroll to the recipe card under for measurements.
- Floor beef – I like 80/20 beef however be happy to make use of a leaner product should you’d like. You possibly can additionally simply sub in floor pork, rooster, or turkey should you aren’t a beef eater.
- Yellow onion
- Low sodium taco seasoning
- Water – For the taco seasoning.
- Chunky salsa – Choose delicate, medium, or spicy salsa relying in your spice tolerance.
- Bitter cream
- Cheese soup or cheese dip – I like Tostitos Dip however be happy to make your individual or use a distinct product. Campbells cheese soup would additionally work nicely.
- Black beans – You should utilize pinto beans right here as a substitute should you’d like.
- Corn – Canned or frozen corn will do exactly advantageous. If you’re utilizing canned corn, ensure that to empty it earlier than including it to the combo.
- Nacho cheese Doritos – That is my favourite, however you might use a distinct Dorito. I believe the cool Ranch taste would do nicely.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – Feeling spicy? Strive pepper jack as a substitute.
Methods to Make a Dorito Casserole
In just some easy steps you should have your self a Dorito taco casserole that may hold the entire household coming again for seconds. Right here’s a fast overview of tips on how to make it. Make sure that to scroll to the recipe card under for extra detailed directions.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Brown the meat. In a big pan over medium-high warmth, warmth a little bit of olive oil, add the onions, and saute till translucent. Add the meat and cook dinner till browned. Drain the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning, water, and salsa and stir. Cook dinner till thickened. Take away from the warmth.
- Add the bitter cream, cheese soup or dip, black beans, and corn and stir to mix. Simmer for five minutes.
- Assemble. Unfold 1 1/2 cups crushed Doritos within the backside of an 11×7 casserole dish adopted by ½ of the meat combination and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Add one other layer of Doritos and the remaining beef combination. High with 1-1 ½ cups Doritos and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake lined for 15-20 minutes. Bake uncovered for an extra 5-10 minutes.
Recipe Ideas & Variations
This Dorito casserole is splendidly simple to throw collectively. As with all recipe, nonetheless, I’ve a few suggestions and tips that may make it easier to obtain the tastiest final result potential. I even threw in a couple of enjoyable variations to attempt to make this casserole your individual.
- Drain the grease. After browning the meat with the onions, it’s essential to empty the grease from the pan in any other case you’ll find yourself with a soggy, oily casserole.
- Don’t over-crush the Doritos. Earlier than assembling the casserole, you need to crush the Doritos a bit however not an excessive amount of. If they’re crushed to too advantageous a consistency, the casserole will lose its crunch.
- Play with spice. I really like this recipe as a result of you’ll be able to regulate it to any spice tolerance stage. Love spice? Use spicy salsa. Not a lot? Strive a gentle salsa. Not a crimson salsa fan? Strive salsa verde as a substitute.
- Use a distinct protein. You possibly can simply use floor pork, turkey, or rooster as a substitute of floor beef. Vegetarian? Strive Past Beef or Inconceivable Meat. You possibly can even attempt to go away the meat out altogether and use veggies as a substitute. I counsel bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Strive a distinct cheese. Cheddar cheese actually hits the spot for me, however that doesn’t imply you’ll be able to’t play with different choices. Pepper jack can be an amazing decide should you’re on the lookout for a bit of pop of spice. You possibly can even add a little bit of crumbled blue cheese to the combo should you’d like.
- Play with completely different Dorito flavors. There have been over 100 flavors because the unique Dorito got here on the chip scene. Strive experimenting and uncover which is your favourite addition to this casserole.
Can You Put together This Taco Casserole in Advance?
Sure and no. I counsel towards assembling and baking the casserole except you intend on consuming it inside a number of hours. The chips will get soggy as they sit. You possibly can, nonetheless, make the filling upfront, seal it in an hermetic container, and retailer it within the fridge till you might be able to assemble and bake. You are able to do this as much as 3 days upfront.
What to Serve with Layered Dorito Casserole
This Dorito casserole is totally scrumptious as is nevertheless it definitely advantages from the addition of a aspect dish or two to spherical it out. I even get pleasure from it with a cocktail each occasionally. Listed here are a few of my favourite methods to serve this simple Dorito casserole.
Methods to Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
If you end up with leftovers, enable the casserole to chill fully. Cowl the casserole dish tightly with saran wrap or switch it to an hermetic container. Retailer the casserole within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Word that the chips will get soggy over time, so it’s best to get pleasure from this layered Dorito casserole sooner reasonably than later.
Extra Simple Casserole Recipes
Casseroles are an effective way to feed a crowd with minimal effort. I really like this Dorito casserole however should you’re on the lookout for one thing completely different, attempt considered one of these simple casserole recipes as a substitute.
- 1 lb floor beef
- 1 cup diced yellow onion (about 1/2 medium yellow onion)
- 1 package deal low sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 cup bitter cream
- 1/2 cup cheese soup or cheese dip (I used this one)
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz nacho cheese Doritos
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place a big pan over medium-high warmth and add the meat and onion. Break up the meat with a spatula and cook dinner till the meat is browned and onions are softened. Drain the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning, water and salsa. Cook dinner till thickened, about 5 minutes, and take away from warmth.
- Add the bitter cream, cheese soup or dip, black beans and corn. Stir nicely to mix then deliver to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Barely crush the Doritos and put 1 ½ cups Doritos within the backside of an 11×7 casserole dish. High with ½ of the meat combination and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Add one other layer of Doritos and the remaining beef combination. High with an extra 1 to 1 ½ cups Doritos and remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Cowl with aluminum foil and bake for about 15-20 minutes, till the cheese is melted and the casserole is sizzling. Take away foil and bake for one more 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, tomatoes, inexperienced onion or avocado, if desired, then serve.
- Serving Measurement: 1 bowl
- Energy: 468
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 1145.2 mg
- Fats: 27.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.4 g
- Protein: 38.1 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 102.6 mg
Key phrases: dorito casserole, simple dorito casserole, dorito taco casserole, layered dorito casserole