When wanting on the substances (solely 9!) for these flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies, you’ll discover the obtrusive absence of baking’s 2 major gamers: butter and flour. That’s proper, these naturally gluten free cookies come along with peanut butter, eggs, and oats as the bottom, plus scrumptious flavorings and chocolate chips. They’re so flavorful and tender that you just received’t even miss a factor!
The mixture of peanut butter and chocolate is fairly onerous to beat, and I’m not even bothered if I’m getting the repair from a spoonful of peanut butter with chocolate chips dotted on prime. (You try this too typically, proper?)
However… cookies are way more attractive. I initially printed this recipe in 2014, and have made a couple of slight updates since. The cookies aren’t practically as crumbly, and the peanut butter taste shines! The recipe under displays my updates.
A batch of at the moment’s gluten-free flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies rival any conventional peanut butter cookies, but they don’t include flour, butter, or added oil. They’re all the time a crowd-pleasing deal with, boasting the identical nice taste and texture that I like in my butter and gluten-filled peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. A cookie miracle if there ever was one.
Right here’s Why You’ll Love These Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies:
- Full of hearty oats, peanut butter, and chocolate chips
- Chewy on the perimeters with tender facilities
- Created from solely 9 easy substances
- Fast and simple to organize—solely half-hour of dough-chilling time
- No mixer required!
- Gluten-free recipe if utilizing licensed gluten-free oats
- Dairy-free recipe if utilizing dairy-free chocolate chips
Seize These 9 Substances
With solely 9 substances, it’s necessary to comply with the recipe intently for the very best outcomes. Don’t get nervous, I’m not changing the flour and butter with something loopy. These are all easy substances that you could be have already got available.
- Oats: Similar to I like to recommend for traditional oatmeal raisin cookies, it’s greatest to make use of old school entire rolled oats. Fast oats are extra powdery and may go away your cookies tasting dry. (In case you solely have fast oats, you would attempt my chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookies as an alternative. They’re nice with both kind of oats, and are additionally gluten free!)
- Cinnamon: Simply 1/4 teaspoon provides a refined heat taste.
- Baking Soda: To assist the cookies rise.
- Salt & Vanilla: Taste enhancers, all the time appreciated!
- Eggs: Eggs present construction and bind the substances collectively.
- Peanut Butter: I do know there are tons of peanut butter choices on the market. Remember to evaluation the following part, Selecting Your Peanut Butter: Dos & Don’ts, earlier than you get began.
- Brown Sugar: For a bit little bit of sweetness. You need to use common granulated sugar in a pinch, however you’ll lose that cozy molasses taste (and a few moisture!) that brown sugar supplies.
- Chocolate Chips: I attain for semi-sweet right here—my go-to for chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, and double chocolate chip cookies, too. Be happy to make use of milk chocolate, darkish chocolate, peanut butter chips, or your favourite type of baking chips/add-ins as an alternative.
Do you know? Oats are naturally gluten free, however when you have dietary restrictions, be certain they’re licensed gluten free as a result of oats will be packaged in a facility with gluten.
Selecting Your Peanut Butter: Dos & Don’ts
Whereas processed peanut butter like Jif or Skippy usually makes for the very best basic peanut butter cookies, be happy to make use of natural-style right here. Personally, I like making these cookies with pure peanut butter! Listed here are some Official Peanut Butter Dos & Don’ts that apply at the moment. 😉
- DO: Stir in any extra oil. If the oil has separated to the highest of the jar of pure peanut butter, stir it again in earlier than measuring out the peanut butter.
- DON’T: Don’t use super-cold peanut butter. If it’s too chilly, it will likely be actually troublesome to combine into the opposite substances. Room-temperature peanut butter is the candy spot right here!
- DO: Gently press the dough balls down with the again of a spoon or a flat spatula earlier than baking, to provoke the cookies spreading, if utilizing pure peanut butter.
- DON’T: Don’t press down on the cookies earlier than baking, if utilizing processed peanut butter.
The cookie dough and baked cookies are a bit darker when utilizing natural-style. This dough has pure peanut butter:
FAQ: Can I Make These Cookies With Almond Butter?
Sure! You’ll be able to attempt these flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies with the identical quantity of almond butter, sunflower seed butter, or one other nut butter/unfold. Or attempt my flourless almond butter cookies as an alternative. (Or darkish chocolate almond butter cookies for you chocolate fanatics! I see you!)
Chill the Cookie Dough for Simply 30 Minutes
This cookie dough advantages from a fast 30-minute chill time earlier than baking. A brief relaxation within the fridge helps the cookies to maintain their form (one in every of my prime tricks to forestall cookies from spreading). Don’t skip this step! It’s simply sufficient time to preheat your oven, wash the blending bowls, and line your baking sheets. In case you’re brief on time and wish a no-chill cookie recipe, attempt my snickerdoodles or shortbread cookies.
Use about 1.5 Tablespoons (or 30g) of dough per cookie. I like to make use of this medium cookie scoop. Utilizing the again of a spoon, gently flatten the cookie dough rounds, to assist encourage spreading.
Extra Gluten Free Favorites
You received’t miss the flour and butter in these 9-ingredient flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies! Remember to chill the cookie dough within the fridge for simply half-hour earlier than baking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Put aside.
- In one other medium bowl, whisk the eggs. With a rubber spatula, combine within the peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla till mixed. Pour the dry substances into the moist and blend till mixed. (Takes some arm muscle!) Fold within the chocolate chips.
- Cowl and chill the dough within the fridge for half-hour and as much as 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line massive baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- Take away the dough from the fridge. In case you let the dough chill for greater than 1 hour, let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes to melt up—the cookies received’t actually unfold in any other case. Scoop the dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons or 30g every (I exploit this medium cookie scoop), onto ready baking sheets. With the again of a spoon, gently press down on the dough rounds to barely flatten them.
- Bake for 12–14 minutes, or till the perimeters are set. The facilities will look very tender.
- Cool cookies for 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Throughout this time, I prefer to press a couple of extra chocolate chips into the tops of the nice and cozy cookies. (That is non-compulsory and just for appears.) Switch to wire rack to chill fully. The cookies will barely deflate as they cool.
- Cowl leftover cookies tightly and retailer at room temperature for as much as 1 week.
- Make Forward & Freezing Directions: You can also make the cookie dough and chill it within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Baked cookies freeze nicely for as much as 3 months. Unbaked cookie dough balls freeze nicely for as much as 3 months. Bake frozen cookie dough balls for an additional minute, no must thaw. Right here’s easy methods to freeze cookie dough.
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): Baking Sheets | Silicone Baking Mats or Parchment Paper | Glass Mixing Bowls | Whisk | Spatula | Cooling Rack
- Oats: Oats are naturally gluten free, however when you have dietary restrictions, be certain they’re licensed gluten free as a result of oats will be packaged in a facility with gluten.
- Peanut Butter: You need to use pure or processed peanut butter, however bear in mind the feel might be a bit totally different relying on which sort you employ. If utilizing pure peanut butter, you should definitely stir in any oil that has separated within the jar earlier than measuring it out to make use of on this recipe. If utilizing processed peanut butter, no must press down on the cookie dough mounds with the again of a spoon earlier than baking as a result of I discover the cookies unfold properly as is.
- Sugar: I’ve efficiently made these cookies with coconut sugar as an alternative of brown sugar.
- Up to date in 2023: I up to date the recipe so the cookies are much less crumbly, rise a bit extra, and have even higher taste. The recipe above consists of my adjustments. In case you’d prefer to make the older model, cut back the oats to three/4 cup (64g), the baking soda to 1/2 teaspoon, use only one egg, and miss the vanilla.
Key phrases: flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies