You’ll solely want 6 components to make this simple salted caramel sauce. It’s so easy and scrumptious and it makes for the proper topping for nearly any dessert. From ice cream to brownies to cheesecake, you received’t give you the chance to withstand.
Simple Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe
Simply listening to the phrases “salted caramel sauce” makes my mouth water. The wealthy, candy taste of traditional caramel with simply the correct quantity of cream marries fantastically with an ideal pop of salt, creating an unforgettable dessert topping. The addicting taste and the silky easy, velvety texture of this caramel sauce make it ok to eat out of the jar, however I suppose you may go a extra typical route and drizzle it over ice cream or a gooey brownie. Nevertheless you select to take pleasure in it, you received’t be sorry. Plus, it’s tremendous simple to make!
That is the proper recipe for these of you seeking to dip your toes into the world of caramel. Different variations, like my Traditional Home made Caramel Sauce, are a bit trickier to get proper. This recipe, however, is tremendous user-friendly and can yield fabulous outcomes each time.
Why You’ll Love This Home made Salted Caramel Sauce
I’ve been perfecting this salted caramel sauce recipe for years and, I’ll inform you what, it truly is one thing to jot down house about. Right here’s why I adore it a lot and why I believe you’ll too.
- Surprisingly simple. Making your individual sauce may sound sophisticated nevertheless it’s actually not. In just some easy steps (and solely 6 components) you’ll have your self a restaurant-quality salted caramel sauce. You don’t even want a sweet thermometer for this one!
- Adjustable. You may make this dessert topping as salty (or unsalty) as you need. Begin with 1/2 a teaspoon, give it a style, and add extra when you’d like. Not that into the “salted” a part of salted caramel sauce? Add only a pinch of salt to raise the flavour with out overwhelming your style buds.
- It goes on every thing. Okay possibly not rooster, however you possibly can drizzle this caramel sauce over just about any dessert you possibly can consider. Try the part under titled “Methods To Use Salted Caramel Sauce” for inspiration.
What You’ll Want
Right here’s a listing of components wanted to make the perfect salted caramel sauce ever. Don’t neglect to scroll to the recipe card under for exact measurements.
- Granulated sugar – The sugar truly melts and turns into caramel because it cooks. That is the place your taste is coming from.
- Water – This helps the sugar not burn because it sits and boils. The addition of the water is why it’s known as “wet-method” caramel sauce.
- Unsalted butter – You really need to have the ability to management your salt content material right here, so go for unsalted butter.
- Heavy whipping cream – That is giving the caramel sauce it’s pourable issue. The excessive fats content material in heavy cream additionally provides it a creamy texture. Don’t swap this out for milk or one thing else or it’ll skinny out your sauce.
- Vanilla extract – For good taste.
- Salt – Use as little or as a lot as you want to attain your required saltiness.
How To Make Salted Caramel Sauce
It actually is simpler than you suppose. Simply comply with these easy (and few) steps and also you’ll be drizzling selfmade caramel sauce over each dessert in sight very quickly.
- Dissolve the sugar. Whisk collectively the granulated sugar and water and cook dinner over medium-low warmth till the sugar is totally dissolved.
- Add the butter. Add the butter and let it soften.
- Cook dinner. Deliver the combination to a boil over medium warmth and boil till the combination turns a deep golden copper coloration.
- Make it creamy. Take away the pan from the warmth and slowly pour within the heavy whipping cream, whisking as you go.
- Add some taste. Whisk within the vanilla extract and half a teaspoon of salt (or extra when you’re feeling spunky).
- Cool. Enable the caramel sauce to chill. Word that it’ll thicken because it cools.
Suggestions for Success
Striving for the proper salted caramel sauce? Good. Listed below are some suggestions and methods that can set you heading in the right direction.
- Arms off. When you convey the caramel sauce to a boil, it’s time to cease whisking. Whisking the sauce is a one-way ticket to crystallization, which you don’t need right here. So, go away it’s till it’s reached that deep golden copper coloration you might be searching for.
- Keep watch over it. Whilst you shouldn’t whisk or stir whereas the caramel sauce is cooking, you do need to control it. It’s attainable that some components of the sauce will brown extra shortly than others. If wanted, you possibly can sometimes tip the pan back and forth to assist issues cook dinner evenly.
- Keep protected. Whenever you add the heavy cream, the caramel will bubble up fairly a bit. So hold any uncovered pores and skin (and/or eyes) out of the best way.
Methods To Use Salted Caramel Sauce
Gosh. I really feel like selfmade caramel sauce may go on something. I’ve picked a few of my favorites to set you in the fitting path, although. Don’t be afraid to discover my weblog for different choices. It’s stuffed with dessert recipes that will love the corporate of this candy, velvety deal with.
How Lengthy Will Home made Caramel Sauce Final?
As soon as the caramel sauce has cooled utterly, seal it in an hermetic container and retailer it within the fridge. It would keep good for as much as two weeks.
Extra Sauce Recipes To Attempt
Including a sauce to a dessert actually takes it to the subsequent stage of deliciousness. It’s that excellent little flare that nobody even knew they had been lacking. I encourage you to experiment with a few of these different fabulous dessert sauces when you get this salted caramel one down.
Watch How It’s Made
This Simple Salted Caramel Sauce is about so simple as caramel sauce will get! It solely makes use of 6 components. Plus, it’s excellent for topping ice cream, brownies, or just about some other dessert!
- 1 cup (207g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) water
- 1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt
- In a medium to massive saucier pan, mix the granulated sugar and water. Cook dinner over medium-low warmth till the sugar is totally dissolved, about 3 to five minutes. Add the butter and let it soften
- Over medium warmth, convey the combination to a boil. Cease whisking and don’t whisk in any respect throughout this half to assist keep away from crystallization. Enable to boil till the combination turns a deep golden copper coloration, about 10-Quarter-hour, possibly longer relying in your range. Keep watch over it, however don’t stir. If wanted, you possibly can sometimes tip the pan back and forth to assist issues cook dinner evenly.
- Take away the pan from the warmth and instantly add within the heavy whipping cream in a gradual, regular stream. The caramel will bubbly up fairly a bit, so watch out with this step. Whisk shortly and properly as you add the cream, whisking till properly mixed.
- Add the vanilla extract and half a teaspoon of salt and whisk to mix. Add further salt to your required saltiness.
- Enable the caramel sauce to chill. It will likely be pretty skinny, however will thicken because it cools. Retailer it within the fridge for as much as two weeks.
- Serving Dimension: – Full recipe
- Energy: 1604
- Sugar: 203.9 g
- Sodium: 1208.4 mg
- Fats: 89 g
- Carbohydrates: 204.1 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 256.5 mg
Key phrases: salted caramel sauce, salted caramel sauce recipe, selfmade caramel sauce
Tailored from Baker by Nature.