Moist, buttery matcha cake is a beautiful inexperienced coloration with a delicate taste of inexperienced tea. I’ve topped all of it off with a creamy strawberry frosting! That is the proper springtime cake!
Be sure that to strive my Matcha Shortbread Cookies too!
This publish is in partnership with my mates at Imperial Sugar. CLICK HERE for the complete recipe.
Inexperienced Tea Matcha Cake with Strawberry Frosting
This attractive cake is ideal for spring! The inexperienced tea matcha cake paired with the pale pink strawberry buttercream could be excellent on any Easter desk or brunch. OR in case you are a matcha lover, for anytime of the 12 months!
What To Count on:
- A fantastically inexperienced, inexperienced tea flavored sheet cake with a delicate sweetness.
- Simple to make in a 9×13 pan OR as a layer cake in 2 8- inch spherical cake pans.
- Moist texture.
- Achieved shortly and might be served on a cake plate or proper out of your 9×13 baking pan!
What Is Matcha?
Matcha’s literal translation is “powdered tea”. If you make inexperienced tea you steep the leaves into scorching water and take away the tea bag (or leaves) from the water and luxuriate in! With Matcha Inexperienced Tea the leaves are pulverized and whisked into the water or milk so you’re really consuming the leaves. You’ll be able to add the matcha powder proper into the cake batter which naturally colours the cake or baked good an attractive inexperienced coloration whereas giving it the delicate taste of inexperienced tea!
Selecting The Proper Frosting for This Cake
I really like the matcha paired with strawberry frosting, however you possibly can completely combine it up and use one thing completely different! Listed below are just a few concepts:
- Buttercream. A easy, vanilla buttercream frosting would pair fantastically with this cake! And I occur to have one of the best recipe on the market!
- White Chocolate Buttercream. White chocolate could be a tremendous pair with matcha! I’ve linked up my recipe for my white chocolate that features a white chocolate frosting recipe too!
- Chocolate Frosting. My creamy chocolate frosting is wonderful, and it might be a scrumptious topping for this matcha cake!
- Heritage Frosting. This cooked frosting is an quaint deal with! My mother used to at all times frost her pink velvet cake with Heritage Frosting
Elements You’ll Want:
For the complete ingredient record and recipe CLICK HERE.
- Butter at room temperature
- Granulated sugar
- Giant eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Kosher salt
- Matcha powder
- All objective flour
- Butter at room temperature
- Strawberry preserves. You could possibly additionally use strawberry jam or strawberry jelly. Preserves has items of fruit all through, so in case you don’t love that, you should utilize jam which could have seeds, or jelly that gained’t!
- Powdered sugar
How To Make Matcha Cake:
For the complete recipe and directions CLICK HERE.
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13- inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Put aside. You can even line your pan with parchment paper, spray and put aside or grease your pan with butter.
- Place the butter and sugar within the giant bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Combine for two minutes till gentle and fluffy. Add within the eggs, one by one, mixing till clean, scraping the edges and backside of the bowl as crucial.
- With mixer nonetheless on medium, add within the vanilla, baking powder, salt, and matcha powder. Combine for 1 minute till mixed.
- Flip the mixer right down to low and add within the flour and milk in alternating additions, starting and ending with flour. Combine till simply mixed.
- Unfold the cake batter into the ready pan and bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear.
- Switch pan to a wire rack to chill fully.
- Frosting: Within the clear bowl of your stand mixer or hand mixer fitted with the paddle or whisk attachment combine the butter and jam collectively on medium pace till mixed. Flip mixer to low and slowly add the powdered sugar till mixed. Flip the mixer as much as medium and blend for two minutes till clean and creamy.
- Unfold the frosting on the cooled cake with an offset spatula or rubber spatula.
- Retailer this cake hermetic at room temperature for as much as 3 days. You can even refrigerate it for as much as 5 days in case you want. Merely cowl the baking pan with plastic wrap tightly!
- Be sure that to retailer this hermetic. Matcha can oxidize if ignored, inflicting the inexperienced coloration to uninteresting, leaving you with a extra brown-green coloration. The cake will nonetheless style completely fantastic, but it surely gained’t be as vibrant and fairly!
- I really like the strawberry frosting on this cake and by no means have any additional, however in case you wish to go gentle handed, simply retailer the remaining frosting within the freezer for as much as 30 days! Or you possibly can refrigerate it for as much as 5 days.
- If you need to, it’s also possible to use cake flour on this cake. Simply improve the quantity by 2 tablespoons.
- I take advantage of culinary grade matcha powder in baking, however you should utilize ceremonial grade matcha in case you want. It actually isn’t crucial in baking, because the delicate nuances in taste aren’t detectable in desserts and cookies. Plus it prices a bit of extra and there’s no want!