Olive Backyard Capellini Pomodoro is a scrumptious pasta dish with recent tomatoes, cloves of garlic, basil leaves, and Parmesan cheese. This recent tomato sauce is a simple recipe. It’s a type of excellent pasta dishes you possibly can throw collectively in minutes.
This put up accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fast and Straightforward Pasta Recipe
This copycat Olive Backyard Cappellini Pomodoro recipe is a lightweight pasta entree made with recent components. You possibly can put together this dish when it takes to prepare dinner the pasta.
So, in case you are on the lookout for a simple Italian dinner when coming house from an extended day at work, this dish is for you.
What Is Capellini Pomodoro?
Pomodoro means tomato in Italian, and capellini consists of lengthy, delicate strands of pasta that go finest with gentle sauces like this one. Capellini Pomodoro is a basic combo of pasta, tomato sauce, garlic, olive oil, and basil – it’s a easy sauce however a standout Italian favourite.
This Olive Backyard Capellini Pomodoro is stuffed with recent flavors. Contemporary diced plum tomatoes, garlic, basil, and tangy Parmesan cheese over skinny capellini pasta. The pomodoro sauce accommodates no meat, making this dish a scrumptious meatless meal.
Is Capellini Pasta the Identical as Angel Hair Pasta?
Capellini and angel hair pasta are similar products however are bought underneath totally different names. They’re the thinnest sorts of spaghetti-like pasta you should purchase. Capellini is of Italian origin and means little hairs in Italian.
Angel Hair may very well be considered the English title for the same pasta. Angel hair pasta is barely thinner than capellini, and for this recipe, you could possibly use both one. These skinny noodles will get misplaced in a extra hearty meat sauce.
What Is the Distinction Between Pomodoro Sauce and Marinara Sauce?
The fundamental components are the identical for each Pomodoro sauce and marinara sauce – tomatoes, garlic, basil, and olive oil. The primary distinction is within the consistency of the sauce. Marinara tends to be a bit extra liquid than Pomodoro with chunkier items of tomatoes.
Right here’s an inventory of what you want:
- Garlic cloves
- Plum tomatoes
- Contemporary basil leaves
- Additional virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Capellini pasta
- Floor black pepper
The best way to Make Capellini Pomodoro
- Put together pasta in a big pot in line with bundle directions.
- Warmth olive oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add garlic and prepare dinner for 1 to 2 minutes, till aromatic.
- Add tomatoes and pepper. Prepare dinner simply till heated, stirring consistently.
- Place sizzling, cooked pasta into a big bowl.
- Pour tomato combination over pasta.
- Add basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss gently and serve instantly with Parmesan.
Flavorful Substitutions and Additions to the Pomodoro Sauce
- Add two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar to the tomato sauce to brighten its general taste.
- A pinch or two of sugar added to the sauce whereas cooking cuts down the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Sautee 1 cup of white mushrooms in olive oil, then add to the tomato sauce.
- As a substitute of parmesan, use cubed recent mozzarella or asiago cheese. A creamier cheese enhances the freshness of the tomato sauce.
- Add 1 teaspoon of chopped chili flakes into the tomato combine for a spicier model of this Pomodoro sauce.
- For a low-carb meal, substitute cooked spaghetti squash for capellini pasta.
- If you wish to add meat, add 1/4 cup of cooked ham, pancetta, or bacon into the tomato sauce.
The best way to Retailer and Reheat Leftovers
Earlier than storing, permit your Capellini Pomodoro to achieve room temperature. Place the pasta in an hermetic container. Separate the pasta from the sauce if doable, as this might help preserve the feel of the pasta when reheating.
Retailer the leftover Capellini Pomodoro within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Word that the pasta will have a tendency to absorb the sauce because it sits within the fridge.
Should you don’t plan to eat it quickly, you possibly can freeze the dish. It’s finest to freeze the sauce individually from the pasta. This manner, you possibly can reheat the sauce after which toss it with freshly cooked pasta, which is able to present one of the best texture. If saved accurately, the frozen sauce can last as long as 3 months. Thaw it within the fridge in a single day.
- Microwave: Should you’re in a rush, switch the Capellini Pomodoro to a microwave-safe dish, masking it loosely with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap. Warmth in intervals of 1 minute, stirring in between to make sure even reheating. Watch out to not overcook, because the pasta can grow to be overly delicate.
- Stovetop: For one of the best texture, reheating on the stovetop is advisable. Pour the sauce right into a pan and warmth over medium warmth. As soon as the sauce is sizzling, add the pasta and toss gently till completely heated.
Ideas for Reheating Leftover Pasta
- Contemporary herbs, like basil, can wilt or darken with reheating. If the aesthetics and taste of recent basil are important in your dish, think about including a recent sprinkle after reheating.
- Should you discover the pasta has absorbed an excessive amount of of the sauce or appears a bit dry, you possibly can add a splash of water, broth, or perhaps a contact of olive oil whereas reheating to rejuvenate the dish.
Love Olive Backyard? Strive these copycat recipes!
Favourite Pasta Recipes
Try extra of my easy pasta recipes and one of the best Olive Backyard copycat recipes right here on CopyKat!
Olive Backyard Capellini Pomodoro
Olive Backyard Capellini Pomodoro is a lightweight dinner that’s excellent for summer season.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 12 ounces capellini pasta cooked
- 1/3 cup additional virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 kilos plum tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce basil leaves minced
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese
Put together pasta in line with the bundle directions.
Warmth the olive oil, add the garlic, and prepare dinner till it turns white.
Add the tomatoes and pepper and warmth completely (about 2-3 minutes), stirring consistently (tomatoes mustn’t lose their form). Take away from the warmth.
Switch the recent, cooked pasta into a big bowl. Gently toss the pasta with the tomato combination, the basil, and half of the parmesan cheese.
Serve instantly and cross the remaining parmesan.
Energy: 602kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 21g | Fats: 25g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Ldl cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 357mg | Potassium: 767mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2430IU | Vitamin C: 32.8mg | Calcium: 308mg | Iron: 2.2mg