Whip up a scrumptious and tacky one pot sausage pasta that’s good for busy weeknights! This flavorful, hearty dish combines Italian sausage, tender pasta, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese all cooked in a single skillet. Your loved ones will love gathering across the desk to get pleasure from this mouthwatering meal! This simple recipe is for a fuss-free dinner that may be prepared in lower than half-hour!
This submit comprises affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes This One Pan Sausage Pasta So Good?
Hate doing dishes? You’re not alone! Nothing ruins an awesome meal like understanding you’ll be caught cleansing the kitchen after consuming. That’s why one-pot meals are so in style as of late.
This simple one pot pasta recipe isn’t just fast and handy but in addition darn scrumptious! It’s so stuffed with peppers, onions, sausage, and cheese that it eats quite a bit like a casserole you can also make on the stovetop!
Why You Ought to Strive This Recipe
This hearty and filling pasta dish is cheap and excellent for feeding a crowd if you end up on a finances. Everybody will love the normal style of Italian sausage and peppers, and you’ll respect simply how simple it’s to make!
Italian Sausage Pasta Components
To make this one pan sausage pasta recipe, you’ll want:
- Italian sausage
- White onions
- Crimson bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Pasta, cooked
- Pasta sauce or marinara sauce
- Italian seasoning mix
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Candy or scorching Italian sausage will work on this recipe. Select the one you want extra.
Brief pasta is finest. Bowties, ziti, or penne pasta are all good selections. Save time by cooking the pasta prematurely. Cooked pasta will final about three to 4 days in a coated container within the fridge.
You need to use a cheap tomato sauce right here since all the opposite substances give even the only sauce an unbelievable taste.
You need to use yellow onion as a substitute of white onion for a milder onion taste.
Make an Italian Sausage Pasta Skillet
To arrange this one pan tacky sausage pasta:
- Brown the Italian sausage in a big ovenproof skillet over medium to medium-high warmth. It could actually take as much as 20 minutes to totally prepare dinner the sausages, so be affected person. In case you are frightened about serving undercooked sausages, attempt cooking them in simmering water for about 8 minutes after which browning them within the pan.
- Whereas the sausages are cooking, you’ll have loads of time to organize the pasta al dente in line with the directions on the package deal.
- Place an oven rack within the high place and preheat the oven to 400°F in the event you plan to make use of the oven. Word: You need to have an ovenproof skillet to do that.
- Chop the onions and pink bell peppers into giant items.
- As soon as the sausages are browned, take away them from the skillet and allow them to relaxation on a plate.
- Add some olive oil to the recent pan and saute the onions. After they soften, add the chopped pink peppers and prepare dinner for a minute or two longer till the onions are translucent. Stir nicely to stop burning.
- Chop the sausage into piece-sized items and add to the greens within the pan.
- Pour within the sauce and add the cooked pasta.
- Stir to coat the pasta.
- Simmer till the sauce is scorching.
- Sprinkle cheese on high
- Pop the ovenproof skillet within the oven, and prepare dinner till the cheese bubbles.
- Plate and serve. Garnish with chopped recent basil or parsley if desired.
What to Serve With Straightforward One Pot Pasta
Make the identical sides you get pleasure from with pasta. Garlic bread, evenly dressed greens, or a Marinated Mozzarella Salad are all nice selections. Do you wish to get extra inventive? Why not attempt grilled broccolini, oven-roasted brussels sprouts, or sauteed asparagus?
To alter up this one-pot pasta recipe, attempt swapping the Italian sausage for floor beef, turkey, or vegetarian crumble. Frozen meatballs are additionally a handy possibility for including protein.
You may also add some heavy cream to the pasta sauce for a creamier model.
Spice it up with some pink pepper flakes.
Sprinkle some grated or shredded parmesan cheese on high for a bit further tacky goodness.
Retailer Italian Sausage Pasta Skillet
Enable the dish to chill, then switch the leftovers to an hermetic container. Retailer it within the fridge.
You may also freeze this one pot pasta meal. The most suitable choice is to freeze the sauce by itself after which add recent pasta whenever you reheat it, however it’s okay to freeze all the pieces all collectively. For those who plan to freeze the pasta, you will notice higher outcomes by undercooking the pasta by a minute.
How Lengthy Does It Final
Hold the pasta within the fridge for as much as three days or within the freezer for so long as two months.
What’s the Finest Technique to Reheat One Pot Sausage Pasta?
If frozen, reheat within the microwave utilizing the Fast Defrost button or warmth at 50 % energy for 4 minutes. Stir, then warmth in 30-second bursts till the pasta is scorching.
If thawed, reheat on the stovetop over medium-low warmth. You’ll be able to add further tomato sauce if the pasta appears a bit dry.
Extra One Pot Recipes
Do you like one pot meals? Listed below are a number of extra one-pot meals you’ll love:
Favourite Pasta Recipes
Take a look at extra of my simple pasta recipes and one of the best Italian recipes on CopyKat!
One Pot Sausage Pasta
This one-pot Italian sausage pasta is tacky, irresistible, and excellent for a weeknight.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 1 pound Italian sausages in casings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pink bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil non-compulsory
- 10 ounces pasta cooked in line with package deal instructions
- 26 ounces pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped basil to garnish (non-compulsory)
- chopped parsley to garnish (non-compulsory)
Brown the sausages in a skillet till they’re cooked by means of. Take away from the skillet and slice into bite-sized items.
Sauté the onions and pink bell peppers in the identical skillet till the onions are translucent. (If the skillet is simply too dry, add about 2 teaspoons of olive oil.)
Add the cooked pasta, pasta sauce, Italian seasoning, and ready Italian sausage to the pan and stir. Prime with the shredded mozzarella.
In case your skillet is ovenproof, you may pop it beneath the broiler for a couple of minutes and let the cheese brown. Garnish with chopped basil or parsley, if desired.
Energy: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 14g | Fats: 21g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Ldl cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 986mg | Potassium: 508mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 785IU | Vitamin C: 20.2mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 2.2mg