Outback Steakhouse Mac and Cheese is so common as a result of it’s creamy, comforting, and a beautiful aspect dish for steak and hen. This copycat mac and cheese recipe is at all times requested about and requested. It solely takes about half-hour to make at house.
This publish accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes the Outback Mac and Cheese So Good?
Outback Steakhouse serves many improbable menu objects, so who would order the macaroni and cheese? Loads of folks. And why not, when it tastes this amazingly wealthy and creamy.
However in the event you don’t need to skip your tried and true favorites on the subsequent go to to the restaurant, attempt making this Outback macaroni and cheese recipe at house.
Why This Recipe Is the One You Should Attempt
In terms of home made mac n cheese recipes, you’ll be able to’t get any simpler than this copycat Outback mac and cheese. By utilizing Velveeta cheese as a substitute of the extra conventional shredded cheddar, you don’t want to fret about uneven melting. The creamy Velveeta cheese sauce is velvety and coats the pasta properly.
The heavy cream helps create the best consistency for this dish. After you have tried this recipe, you gained’t ever need to make boxed mac & cheese once more. One chunk and also you’ll style how good it’s!
Outback Steakhouse Mac A Roo and Cheese
If in case you have ever been to the Outback Steakhouse with children, you may have observed Mac A Roo and Cheese as one of many child’s menu objects. However why ought to kids have the entire enjoyable? After I order takeout, I’ll at all times add an order of Mac a Roo so I can have it at house. It’s that good.
Outback Mac and Cheese Substances
To make steakhouse mac and cheese Outback fashion, you’ll want:
- Brief Pasta or Macaroni
- Velveeta Cheese
- Heavy Cream
That’s it! You’ll love this recipe as a lot as your children do.
Penne, shells, elbow macaroni noodles, and rigatoni pasta are common decisions, however you need to use any quick pasta you favor.
It’s possible you’ll need to swap the heavy cream for half-and-half and even milk to save lots of on fats and energy.
The right way to Make Outback Steakhouse Mac and Cheese
To make Outback Steakhouse mac and cheese:
- Convey a big pot of salted water to a rolling boiling.
- Prepare dinner the pasta in line with the package deal’s directions. It’s possible you’ll need to add 30 or 60 seconds to the cooking time since this recipe works finest when the pasta is a bit softer than al dente.
- Whereas the pasta is cooking, chop the Velveeta into small cubes.
- Set a small saucepan over low warmth on the stovetop to heat.
- Add the Velveeta cheese cubes into the saucepan.
- Pour within the heavy cream.
- Stir or whisk constantly till the cheese absolutely melts.
- Drain the cooked pasta in a colander and return it to the massive pot.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir to mix.
- Serve scorching.
- You’ll want to reduce the Velveeta into small items to make it simpler to soften within the saucepan.
- Whereas melting the cheese and heavy cream collectively, hold the warmth on low to stop it from boiling or burning.
- Make an enormous batch of the Mac and Cheese as a result of it reheats properly for different meals.
In terms of customization, there are limitless prospects for making this dish your individual. Get as wildly artistic as you need, however listed below are a few simple methods you’ll be able to adapt the fundamental recipe:
- When you’re ravenous, add a bit meat to the recipe to make it a primary dish. You should use any precooked meat you may have available. Add some leftover bacon or sausages from breakfast or any additional chilly cuts within the fridge.
- Kick the flavour up a notch with a bit of additional seasoning. Scorching sauce and chili powder are choices. Or take your mac ‘n cheese in a brand new path with a few tablespoons of Pickapeppa or BBQ sauce.
What to Serve with Mac and Cheese
This Outback mac and cheese recipe works as each a aspect and the primary course. Pair with fried hen or grilled meat for a hearty meal, or take pleasure in with a aspect salad or steamed vegetable for one thing a bit lighter
Leftover Mac and Cheese Recipe
Are you questioning what to do with leftover Outback macaroni and cheese? Attempt making Fried Tacky Mac Patties:
- Type the chilly mac and cheese into hamburger-sized patties and place them on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Put the tray within the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Dip the semi-frozen mac and cheese patties in an egg wash after which coat with Panko breadcrumbs.
- Fry in 375°F oil till golden brown, a couple of minute per aspect.
- Serve along with your favourite pasta sauce.
The right way to Retailer Mac and Cheese
You’ll be able to hold Outback Steakhouse Mac and Cheese in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. If you wish to put it aside for longer, attempt freezing leftovers for as much as three months.
A great trace is placing the mac and cheese in a single-serving microwavable container after which wrapping effectively in plastic and aluminum foil. Doing this may make the macaroni and cheese a lot simpler to reheat.
The right way to Reheat Mac and Cheese
The best technique to reheat this macaroni and cheese is within the microwave.
Add a splash of milk to the thawed mac and cheese and stir. Cowl with a paper towel and warmth on HIGH for 60 seconds. Stir and test the temperature. If the mac n cheese isn’t heat sufficient, warmth for one more 30 seconds, and repeat as mandatory.
Do you like Outback Steakhouse? Make your favorites at house!
You’ll want to try these copycat Outback Steakhouse recipes that style similar to they do on the restaurant.
Extra Tacky Facet Dish Recipes
As a result of everybody loves cheese!
Check out extra of my copycat Outback Steakhouse recipes and straightforward aspect dish recipes too.
What do you prefer to eat along with your Mac ‘N Cheese? Tell us within the feedback under.
Did you make this recipe? Share it and keep in mind to tag us on Instagram.
Join our publication under so that you don’t miss any copycat recipes!
Outback Steakhouse Mac and Cheese
You can also make Outback mac and cheese at house with this simple copycat recipe.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 2 cups dry penne pasta
- 8 ounce Velveeta cheese reduce into small items
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Prepare dinner pasta in line with package deal instructions.
Reduce the Velveeta into small cubes so it could possibly soften simply.
In a small saucepan, mix cubed Velveeta cheese and heavy cream.
Flip the warmth to low. Prepare dinner and stir till all of the cheese is melted.
Scale back the warmth to simmer till you’re prepared to mix with the pasta.
As soon as pasta is completed, drain and pour it again into the pot the place it was cooked.
Add the cheese sauce to the pasta and stir to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Be sure you reduce the Velveeta into small items to make it simpler to soften within the saucepan.
- Whereas melting the cheese and heavy cream collectively, hold the warmth on low. You’ll not need this to boil or burn.
- Make an enormous batch of the mac and cheese – it’s going to by no means go to waste and it re-heats properly for different meals.
Energy: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 15g | Fats: 17g | Saturated Fats: 10g | Ldl cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 912mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 995IU | Calcium: 351mg | Iron: 0.5mg