My Peanut Butter Cupcakes are fastidiously designed to be completely moist and fluffy. We’ll high them off with a swirled chocolate peanut butter icing that’s surprisingly straightforward to make! Recipe features a how-to video.
The Prettiest Peanut Butter Cupcakes
I’m so excited to be sharing these peanut butter cupcakes with you in the present day! This carefully-tested recipe was meticulously designed to yield mild and fluffy, flavorful and moist cupcakes that completely soften in your mouth. They’re topped with a gorgeous (however straightforward!) swirl of chocolate peanut butter frosting that enhances the cake completely. If you happen to’re a chocolate & peanut butter fan, you’re simply going to love these.
With its wealthy, creamy texture, you could be stunned to seek out out that peanut butter is definitely very drying and might be fairly troublesome to bake with. In consequence, perfecting this recipe was fairly a problem, particularly since peanut butter could make issues extra dense as properly, and I needed these to be mild and fluffy (even lighter than my peanut butter chocolate chip muffins). A lot of tweaking and testing occurred earlier than this one was able to share, however we lastly nailed it!
Why it is best to strive my recipe:
- Tremendous moist, thanks to a couple fastidiously chosen elements.
- Makes 24 cupcakes–nice for events!
- Spectacular two-tone frosting swirl (that’s truly tremendous straightforward to do!).
- Straightforward: no creaming butter, sifting flour, or whipping eggs.
What You Want
Don’t be overwhelmed by every part up there–these peanut butter cupcakes are very straightforward to make. Simply be certain that to pay shut consideration to the next elements:
- Peanut butter. Use “common” creamy peanut butter and never the pure type that separates. If you happen to just like the crunch, you possibly can use crunchy peanut butter within the cupcakes themselves, however I don’t suggest it for the frosting.
- Cake flour. Utilizing cake flour helps us obtain a lightweight and fluffy texture whereas nonetheless incorporating peanut butter within the batter. All-purpose flour may yield a extra dense end result, which I actively needed to keep away from.
- Bitter cream. Bitter cream provides taste and moisture (a observe taken from my yellow cake). Full-fat greek yogurt will even work!
- Milk. Milk helps lighten the cupcakes and retains them from being too dense. I want to bake with entire milk and suggest it right here for finest outcomes.
- Cocoa powder. I like utilizing pure cocoa powder right here, however you possibly can use Dutch course of cocoa powder as a substitute. The flavour will likely be extra intense in case you do.
SAM’S TIP: The swirled frosting could look sophisticated, however the preparation is definitely quite simple. It’s additionally irresistibly tasty (jogs my memory of peanut butter buckeyes). Notice: This recipe makes a good bit of frosting so you might have sufficient to make good swirls on every cupcake.
Keep in mind, that is simply an outline of the elements I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the publish!
The right way to Make Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Mix the dry elements – Whisk collectively the dry elements and sugar in a bowl, then stir within the melted butter and oil.
- Add the moist elements – Add the peanut butter, then stir within the eggs, vanilla, and bitter cream till properly mixed. Slowly drizzle within the milk and stir till the batter is uniform.
- Bake – Divide the batter right into a 12-count muffin pan and bake for 22-24 minutes at 350F. Use the toothpick take a look at to ensure your cupcakes are performed, and do NOT over-bake!
- Cool earlier than frosting – Let the cupcakes cool of their pan for five minutes earlier than transferring to a cooling rack to chill fully.
- Make the peanut butter frosting – Put together the peanut butter frosting till easy and creamy, then divide half the frosting right into a piping bag.
- Make the chocolate frosting – Add cocoa powder to the remaining frosting and blend till included. Place this frosting in a piping bag as properly.
- Create the swirl – Trim the ends and put each piping luggage into a bigger piping bag fitted with a big closed star tip.
- Frost and revel in! Pipe the frosting onto your cooled cupcakes.
SAM’S TIP: Your cupcakes are performed when a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear or (ideally) with a couple of moist crumbs. The cracks on high of the cupcakes may nonetheless look underdone at this level, but when your toothpick reveals the cupcakes are prepared, take them out. If you happen to depart them in too lengthy, your cupcakes will likely be dry and crumbly.
Often Requested Questions
My recipe is fastidiously designed to be moist and lightweight, however sadly this received’t matter a lot in case you over-bake your cupcakes! That is the worst offense with this recipe (with most truffles, actually) and is the highest trigger for dry cupcakes.
Including an excessive amount of flour or utilizing a “pure” peanut butter may also trigger your cupcakes to be dry.
If you happen to’re nervous in regards to the taste, I can guarantee you that including bitter cream to your cupcake batter received’t make it style like bitter cream. As an alternative, it would make your cupcakes extra flavorful and tender, and it’ll additionally make them extra moist.
If you happen to can’t discover bitter cream the place you reside, full-fat Greek yogurt will even work. However I don’t suggest leaving this ingredient out completely.
You should utilize this swirled frosting approach with most of my different frostings too (so long as they’re of an identical thickness). Vanilla frosting and strawberry frosting could be so fairly collectively!
Get pleasure from!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video beneath! If you happen to do this recipe, remember to tag me on Instagram, and it’s also possible to discover me on YouTube and Facebook
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Servings: 24 cupcakes
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Frosting
Stop your display screen from going darkish
Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line two 12-count cupcake tins with paper liners. Put aside.
In a big mixing bowl, whisk collectively flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add melted butter and oil and use an electrical mixer to stir till all flour is moistened.
Stir in peanut butter.
Add eggs, vanilla extract and bitter cream and stir till totally mixed.
Slowly drizzle in milk and stir till fully mixed and batter is easy and uniform.
Evenly divide batter into ready cupcake tin.
Switch to heart rack of 350F (175C) oven (I solely bake one tray at a time) and bake for 22-24 minutes or till a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear or (ideally) with moist crumbs. Cupcake surfaces will crack, the cracks should still seem moist when the cupcakes are completed baking. Don’t over-bake or cupcakes will likely be dry and crumbly.
Permit cupcakes to chill in pan for five minutes earlier than gently, fastidiously eradicating to a cooling rack to chill fully earlier than frosting.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirled Frosting & Adorning
Mix butter, peanut butter, vanilla extract and salt and stir till easy and creamy.
Steadily add powdered sugar till fully mixed. Skinny frosting as wanted by including milk, one tablespoon at a time, till easy and creamy.
Measure out roughly half of the frosting right into a disposable piping bag and put aside.
Add cocoa powder to remaining half of frosting and stir till fully mixed. If wanted, skinny the frosting with further milk.
Switch chocolate frosting to a different piping bag. Snip the ends off each frosting luggage and place in an extra piping bag that’s been fitted with a big closed star piping tip (I exploit Ateco 848) collectively. Pipe swirled frosting onto cupcakes (observe that the primary bit you pipe might not be swirled however as each frostings work their method by means of you’ll get a pleasant swirl!).
I like to recommend basic creamy peanut butter for this recipe. Pure peanut butter received’t work as properly and can negatively alter the feel of each the cupcake and the frosting.
Retailer in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 48 hours or in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
Serving: 1cupcake | Energy: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 9g | Fats: 34g | Saturated Fats: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 12g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 321mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 624IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 1mg
Dietary info relies on third-party calculations and ought to be thought-about an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will fluctuate based mostly upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.