Casseroles are go-to recipes and this sausage and rice casserole is certainly a favourite. It’s loaded with great elements that make this dish hearty and filled with taste.
Why That is the Finest Sausage Casserole With Rice Recipe
I can not say it sufficient, the flavour! You can be shocked by how flavorful this dish is.
It has richness with butter and cheese. Onion and inexperienced pepper paired with floor sausage is solely delectable.
Then while you add in rice, it turns the casserole right into a full-blown meal multi function dish. What’s to not love about that?
It really is on the prime of the checklist of all sausage and rice recipes!
Sausage Rice Casserole Components
The entire elements on this casserole are simply discovered at your native grocery retailer. Right here’s a helpful checklist of all that’s within the dish:
- Raw rice
- Dry onion soup combine
- Inexperienced bell pepper
- Canned mushrooms
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sizzling sausage
- Floor black pepper
One of many issues nice about cooking is the chance to vary up the recipe with add-ins and ingredient substitutions.
- Need one thing aside from rice? Use quinoa or finely diced cauliflower.
- Don’t like mushrooms? Depart them out! Or you possibly can exchange them with broccoli or your favourite vegetable.
- Additionally, when you don’t have a inexperienced bell pepper however have one other colour, that’s okay! It can nonetheless work and prove scrumptious.
Find out how to Make Sausage and Rice Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 levels.
- Cook dinner and drain the sausage.
- Place the rice in a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Add soup combine and water.
- Place celery, inexperienced pepper, onion, mushrooms, butter, sausage, salt, and pepper over the rice.
- Bake at 350 levels for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on prime.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake for quarter-hour.
Find out how to Serve Sausage Rice Casserole
Serve this casserole by itself or with a lightweight salad or soup. You too can serve a small dessert to complete off the meal in a scrumptious approach.
Listed here are some solutions:
How Retailer Sausage Casserole with Rice
Enable the casserole to chill to room temperature. Cowl the pan with aluminum foil and retailer it within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
Find out how to Freeze Sausage and Rice Casserole
If you wish to freeze the entire casserole earlier than baking it, wrap it fully with plastic wrap and once more with aluminum foil.
Or if you wish to retailer the leftovers within the freezer, it is best to portion out the remainder of the casserole and place the parts in a freezer-safe container.
Wrap the containers with plastic wrap or put them in freezer-safe plastic baggage. Place them within the freezer.
Sausage casserole with rice will final for as much as 3 months within the freezer.
Find out how to Reheat Sausage Casserole
One of the simplest ways to reheat this casserole is by baking it at 350 levels till it’s heated all over. The time will rely upon portion measurement, bigger parts will take longer to warmth.
You too can rewarm leftovers in a skillet over medium warmth. Add just a little broth if wanted.
Microwaving is another choice. Microwave it in 30 to 45-second intervals till it’s warmed by means of.
Favourite Casserole Recipes
In style Rice Recipes
Take a look at extra of my straightforward casserole recipes and the perfect consolation meals recipes right here on CopyKat!
Sausage and Rice Casserole
Sausage and Rice Casserole is a flavorful and hearty meal.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 1 pound floor scorching sausage
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1 envelope dry onion soup combine
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped inexperienced bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms drained
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon floor pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 levels.
Cook dinner the sausage in a pan over medium-high warmth. Drain.
Place the rice in a 3-quart casserole dish.
Add the soup combine and water. Stir to mix.
Add celery, inexperienced pepper, onion, mushrooms, butter, sausage, salt, and pepper.
Bake at 350 levels for 40 minutes.
Sprinkle shredded cheese on prime.
Bake for an extra quarter-hour.
Energy: 486kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 15g | Fats: 31g | Saturated Fats: 15g | Ldl cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 1109mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 600IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 1.2mg