This straightforward cheesecake recipe gives the entire yummy goodness of a standard cheesecake however with method much less trouble and in a fraction of the time. Designed for a 9×13 inch baking dish, this recipe lets you skip the springform pan and water tub and get straight to scrumptious consuming.
An Simple Cheesecake Recipe for a Crowd
I hear you. Cheesecake could be intimidating. I occur to like spending hours within the kitchen baking my favourite dessert however I additionally perceive that typically there’s simply not sufficient time! This straightforward cheesecake recipe is ideal for these moments.
A vanilla cheesecake filling over a basic Graham Cracker crust brings to the desk the entire candy, tangy, creaminess of a standard cheesecake. The cool half about it’s that it’s meant to be baked sans water tub and sans springform pan. So that you don’t want something fancier than a standard 9×13-inch baking pan. Plus, the entire thing is prepped, baked, and cooled in a fraction of the time it might take to make a conventional cheesecake. Give it a strive!
Why You’ll Love this Cheesecake Recipe
This straightforward, straightforward cheesecake recipe is ideal for these searching for the entire joys of cheesecake with much less of the complexity. Listed below are some issues that make this recipe fairly improbable in my eyes.
- No water tub. Water baths are intimidating. I get it. This recipe is nice as a result of it takes away the fuss of utilizing one. Simply bake straight within the oven in a 9×13-inch pan.
- No fancy pan. Most cheesecakes require you to make use of a 9-inch springform pan. It makes it simpler to take away the cake from the pan and serve. Not everybody has a springform pan, nevertheless, and this recipe lets you make due with out one.
- It doesn’t take as lengthy. My straightforward cheesecake recipe requires fairly a bit much less baking and cooling time than does a standard cheesecake. So you may be in your strategy to delighting your style buds very quickly.
- Versatile. As a result of that is “simply” a vanilla cheesecake, it is extremely versatile within the sense that you would be able to prime it with just about something you’d like. Take a look at the “Toppings Concepts” part beneath for a few of my favorites.
- It travels effectively. No cake provider wanted. This cheesecake comes out of the oven prepared to move to your subsequent gathering (after it cools and chills in fact).
What You’ll Want
It doesn’t take a lot to make this easy vanilla cheesecake. Right here’s a listing of what you’ll want. Scroll to the recipe beneath for detailed measurements.
For the crust
- Graham cracker crumbs – You may additionally use Nilla wafers and even oreos right here. Consult with my Finest Oreo Cheesecake recipe to discover ways to use Oreos as an alternative.
- Sugar – Use granulated sugar right here.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted is okay.
For the filling
- Cream cheese – It is extremely essential that the cream cheese is at room temperature. Whether it is too chilly, it won’t combine effectively with the opposite elements and you’ll find yourself with a clumpy filling. You additionally wish to use brick-style cream cheese, not the type within the tub.
- Sugar – Use granulated sugar.
- All-purpose flour – Be happy to make use of your favourite 1:1 gluten-free flour as an alternative.
- Bitter cream – Just like the cream cheese, the bitter cream needs to be at room temperature with a purpose to obtain a easy batter.
- Vanilla extract
- Eggs – Begin with room-temperature massive eggs. They’ll incorporate extra simply with the opposite elements, supplying you with a smoother filling.
Find out how to Make This Cheesecake Recipe
In a fraction of the time it takes to make a standard cheesecake, you’ll have your self a scrumptious dessert that sacrifices nothing within the realm of taste or texture. Here’s a temporary rundown on the best way to make this 9×13-inch straightforward cheesecake. Scroll to the recipe beneath for extra detailed directions.
To make the crust
- Prep. Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a 9×13 pan with baking spray.
- Mix the crust elements and press the combination into the underside of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
To make the cheesecake
- Prep. Cut back the oven temperature to 300°F.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and flour on low velocity till easy earlier than including the bitter cream and vanilla extract and mixing till easy.
- Add the eggs one after the other, mixing till easy after every addition.
- Bake. Pour the batter over the crust and bake for half-hour.
- Cool. Flip off the oven and depart the cheesecake within the oven with the door closed for 20 minutes earlier than cracking the door and leaving it for an extra quarter-hour.
- Chill the cheesecake within the fridge for 3-4 hours.
Ideas for Success
Whereas this hassle-free cheesecake is way much less finicky than its basic counterparts, there are a number of suggestions and tips used to make a conventional cheesecake that also needs to be utilized right here. I’ve highlighted a number of beneath however be sure that to take a look at my submit on Find out how to Make the Good Cheesecake for extra.
- Begin with room-temperature elements. As with every cheesecake, it’s essential to begin with room-temperature cream cheese, bitter cream, and eggs. They’ll combine rather more easily with one another and the opposite required elements than they might in chilled kind. So, for a easy cheesecake filling, begin with these elements at room temperature.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing (or mixing on too excessive of a velocity) cheesecake batter will incorporate air into the filling. The air bubbles work to trigger the cheesecake to crack because it bakes. So combine low and sluggish for a cheesecake that isn’t solely tasty but additionally visually interesting.
- Keep away from over-baking. If you want to keep away from a cracked, dry cheesecake, strive to not overbake. Take a look at my submit on Find out how to Know When Your Cheesecake is Completed for some pointers.
- Cool progressively. Permitting the cheesecake to sit down within the closed oven after which within the cracked oven after baking is a vital a part of the cheesecake course of. It can permit the dessert to bake totally with the additional advantage of stopping cracks within the cheesecake.
One among my favourite issues about this fast vanilla cheesecake is the truth that it’s so versatile. It boasts a easy, vanilla taste which is the proper base for quite a lot of toppings. Right here come a few of my favorites.
Find out how to Retailer Cheesecake
Within the off likelihood that this creamy cheesecake doesn’t fly out of the pan inside the first couple of hours of being prepared, you possibly can simply retailer it within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Merely wrap the pan in saran wrap and place it within the fridge.
Can I Freeze It?
Sure, you possibly can! Simply wrap the pan in saran wrap and place it within the freezer. Alternatively, you possibly can slice the chilled cheesecake, flash freeze the items (pop them within the freezer for a few hours to agency up), and both wrap them individually or retailer them collectively in an hermetic container. When you select to retailer the slices collectively, be sure that to separate any layers with parchment paper to stop sticking.
In both case, the cheesecake will hold effectively within the freezer for as much as 3 months. If you find yourself able to get pleasure from, switch the cake or the specified parts to the fridge to thaw earlier than diving in.
Extra Cheesecake Recipes to Strive
I like cheesecake. I used to be thrilled to share this recipe with you as a result of I feel it makes my favourite dessert a bit extra accessible to the house baker. That being mentioned, I’ve a myriad of different cheesecake recipes to share with you. Listed below are some which have been thrilling me currently.
A delightfully creamy vanilla cheesecake with a Graham Cracker crust however with no water tub or springform pan required? Signal me up!
For the crust
- 2 1/4 cups (302g) graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp (39g) sugar
- 10 tbsp (140g) salted butter, melted
For the filling
- 24 ounces (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (230g) bitter cream, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 massive eggs, room temperature
To make the crust
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Grease a 9×13 pan with baking spray.
- Mix the crust elements in a small bowl. Press the combination into the underside of the ready pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then put aside to chill.
To make the cheesecake
- Cut back the oven temperature to 300°F (148°C).
- In a big bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour on low velocity till effectively mixed and easy. Make sure to use low velocity to scale back the quantity of air added to the batter, which may trigger cracks. Scrape down the edges of the bowl.
- Add the bitter cream and vanilla extract and blend on low velocity till effectively mixed.
- Add the eggs one after the other, mixing slowly to mix after every addition. Scrape down the edges of the bowl as wanted to ensure the whole lot is effectively mixed.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the crust and unfold evenly. Bake the cheesecake for half-hour.
- Flip off the oven and depart the cheesecake within the oven with the door closed for 20 minutes.
- Crack the door of the oven, with the cheesecake inside, for quarter-hour. This sluggish cooling course of helps forestall the cheesecake from cracking.
- Put the cheesecake within the fridge to chill utterly, 3-4 hours.
- Serve the cheesecake together with your favourite toppings. I used my selfmade whipped cream and contemporary fruit. Retailer the cheesecake within the fridge, effectively lined. Cheesecake is greatest if eaten inside 3-4 days.
- Serving Dimension: 1 Slice
- Energy: 417
- Sugar: 22.4 g
- Sodium: 355.2 mg
- Fats: 27.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.5 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 108.7 mg
Key phrases: straightforward cheesecake recipe, no water tub cheesecake