These pepperoni pizza rolls are excellent for recreation day and after-school snacking! Pizza dough is brushed with seasoned butter, wrapped round pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, and baked to golden brown. End it off with a sprinkling of mozzarella and dip it in marinara and also you’ve acquired your self one tasty chew.
Fast & Simple Pepperoni Rolls
Pizza in easy-to-eat, finger meals type? What could possibly be extra excellent for recreation day? These simple pepperoni rolls solely require quarter-hour of prep time and 25 minutes within the oven and that’s it. Increase! You’ve acquired an hors d’oeuvre the entire gang will get pleasure from.
So what makes a pepperoni roll? Handy, scrumptious pre-made pizza dough is rolled out and brushed with melted butter that has been seasoned with Italian seasoning. Subsequent, a layer of pepperoni is scattered over the dough adopted by a smattering of mozzarella cheese. The entire thing is rolled up, brushed with egg wash, baked to golden brown, and completed with parmesan cheese. Slice it up and dip it in marinara sauce and also you’ve acquired your self an irresistible recreation day snack.
What Is A Pepperoni Roll?
A pepperoni roll is manufactured from pizza dough wrapped round pepperoni and mozzarella cheese and baked to golden brown. It’s a scrumptious recreation day appetizer or a enjoyable meal that the entire household will get pleasure from. It’s harking back to a pepperoni pizza, particularly when sliced and dipped in marinara sauce.
Here’s a listing of substances you’ll need to make these simple pepperoni rolls. You should definitely scroll to the recipe card beneath for detailed measurements.
- Pizza dough – I like utilizing canned pizza dough however you’re greater than welcome to make your personal.
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Pepperoni slices
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – Not a mozzarella fan? Be happy to sub in a unique cheese. Shredded pepper jack could possibly be a enjoyable means so as to add a spicy kick.
- Egg – For the egg wash to assist the pizza roll brown up within the oven.
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce – That is to dip slices of pizza roll in. You may additionally use ranch or every other dip that appeals to you.
Variations & Add-Ins
Simply because I saved it easy with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese doesn’t imply that you just can not assume outdoors of the field and fill these pizza rolls with different enjoyable substances. Listed here are some concepts for you.
- Bulk it up with different basic pizza toppings. Slice up some black olives, mushrooms, and/or pepperoncini and sprinkle them on prime of the pepperoni. Caramelized onions would work superbly as properly.
- Make it vegetarian. Overlook the pepperoni and unfold a layer of roasted veggies over the pizza dough.
- Use a unique protein. I really like utilizing Italian sausage rather than pepperoni right here however be happy to make use of seasoned and cooked floor beef, ham (should you use ham, attempt including pineapples as properly), or BBQ hen.
- Attempt a unique cheese. Mozzarella is a basic decide right here however you might simply use shredded cheddar, pepper jack, muenster, or one other cheese of your selecting.
- Draw inspiration out of your favourite pizzeria. Not enthusiastic about any of the above choices? Seize the menu out of your favourite pizzeria, decide your favourite pizza, and fill these pizza rolls with the listed substances.
Make Pepperoni Rolls
I really like how easy these pepperoni rolls are to make. In simply 40 minutes you’ll have an appetizer your company gained’t give you the chance to withstand. Right here’s tips on how to make them. Don’t overlook to scroll to the recipe card beneath for extra detailed directions.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the pizza dough into a ten×15 inch rectangle.
- Combine collectively the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and melted butter and brush 1/2 of the combination over the pizza dough.
- Prime the pizza dough with pepperoni and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Roll the dough right into a log and switch it to the ready baking sheet, seam facet down.
- Whisk the eggs to scramble and brush excessive and sides of the log.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes brush with the remaining butter and seasonings and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- End. Take away from the oven, sprinkle on grated parmesan, and let cool for 10 minutes. Slice and serve with heat marinara.
Suggestions for Success
Able to take advantage of scrumptious, crowd-pleasing pizza rolls you’ve ever tasted? Comply with these easy ideas and methods and also you’ll be properly in your means.
- Evenly distribute the pepperoni. Ensure you unfold the pepperoni evenly over the pizza dough to make sure that all elements of the roll cook dinner in the identical period of time.
- Don’t overstuff the dough. Overstuffing the roll will trigger the cheese to spill out, leaving you with a large number.
- Pinch the seam of the pepperoni roll to make sure that it stays collectively whereas baking.
- Poke holes within the dough earlier than putting the roll within the oven. This can permit steam to flee because the roll cooks.
What to Serve With Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
These pizza rolls make a wonderful snack all on their very own however additionally they go nice with a tasty dip, different finger meals, or a pleasant salad to lighten issues up. Listed here are some concepts for you.
- Dip. Attempt dipping these pizza rolls in ranch, marinara, buffalo sauce, or honey mustard.
- Crudite. Serve this game-day snack alongside a platter of uncooked veggies with a yummy dip.
- Salad. Get your veggies in with my Buffalo Broccoli Salad or this Tomato Avocado Salad. Extra curious about fruit? Attempt my Grape Salad or this Simple Fruit Salad.
- Different finger meals. Entertaining? Serve these pizza rolls with wings, sliders, or my Million Greenback Dip. See the part beneath titled “Extra Recreation Day Recipes” for extra concepts.
Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
Permit the sliced selfmade pepperoni rolls to chill to room temperature earlier than sealing them in an hermetic container and storing them within the fridge for as much as 4 days. When you’re able to get pleasure from, preheat the oven to 350 levels F and prepare the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 10-12 minutes or till heated by.
Can I Freeze These?
You possibly can! After slicing, permit the pizza rolls to chill fully. Seal them in an hermetic container and retailer them within the freezer for as much as 3 months. When it comes time to get pleasure from, prepare the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake at 350 levels F for 20 minutes or till heated by.
Extra Recreation Day and After Faculty Snack Concepts:
It’s recreation day and the gang is coming over. What are you going to make? Look no additional. Attempt one among these scrumptious, crowd-pleasing recipes.
These pepperoni pizza rolls are the right recreation day snack. Pizza dough is brushed with seasoned butter, wrapped round pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, and baked to golden brown. Scrumptious!
- 13.8 ounce can pizza dough
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz pepperoni slices
- 1 1/2 cups (170g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 giant egg
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll the pizza dough out on a chunk of parchment paper to a few 10×15 inch rectangle.
- Add the Italian seasoning and garlic powder to the melted butter and stir to mix. Brush 1/2 of the combination evenly on prime of the pizza dough. Reserve the remainder.
- Place the pepperoni in a good layer on prime of the dough, overlapping as wanted. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Beginning with the lengthy facet, tightly roll the dough right into a log with the seam facet down. Switch the log and the parchment paper to a baking sheet.
- Put the egg in a small bowl and whisk, then brush it excessive and sides of the log.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then brush with the remaining butter and seasonings (you might must reheat it to soften it once more). Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, till golden brown and scorching all through.
- Take away from the oven, sprinkle on grated parmesan and let cool for 10 minutes. Slice it into 1″ thick slices and serve with heat marinara sauce.
- Serving Measurement: 1 Slice
- Energy: 299
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 421.6 mg
- Fats: 28.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.9 g
- Protein: 7.7 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 85.8 mg
Key phrases: pepperoni rolls, simple pepperoni rolls, pepperoni pizza rolls, selfmade pepperoni rolls