How was your summer season? I grew to become the Scottie Pippin of summer by launching a friendship tour throughout our stunning nation, catching up with pals from varied levels of my life. It was an unbelievable train in reconnecting with a few of my dearest folks + elements of myself that had fallen to the wayside over the previous few years. So I’m urging you to begin your 2024 Summer time of Friendship itinerary proper now as a result of I promise promise promise you received’t remorse it.
August hyperlinks are under and have a superb weekend!
• After I began a brand new job final week, I texted my mother, “Do I’ve to put on a bra AND make-up?” We compromised on simply the bra. However I’ve been swiping this on my cheeks & lips actual quick each morning and respect the additional dose of shade + solar safety. (Amazon)
• This vid got here out months in the past, however I swear no less than half a dozen pals have DM’d it to me with some variation of, “This jogged my memory of you!!!!” Let me inform you one thing: I get the trace. (Twitter)
• Let’s assist the folks of Maui by supporting this food bank. (MauiFoodBank.org)
• Since having fun with a funnel cake on the truthful a pair weeks in the past—then virtually feeling it return to sender on the rollercoaster—I respect Lyz Lenz’s publish on the agony and ecstasy of the state fair. (Males Yell at Me)
• An inspiring teacher’s tackle why she’s staying in training: “We’re staying not simply because our youngsters want us, however as a result of we want our youngsters, and we’re going to stick with them as a lot as we are able to.” (Teen Vogue)
• When y’all virtually canceled me final month for linking to a giant ol’ racist (whose identify I received’t dare point out once more) I made a decision to take heed to this Emily Nussbaum pod on the nation music tradition wars going down in my beloved Nashville. (New Yorker)
• Including Pleasure’s One-pot Hamburger Helper w/ Veggies to my weeknight rotation subsequent week although deep down in my coronary heart I do know I’ll be the one one in my crew consuming the veggies. (Pleasure the Baker)
• This kid-friendly mix was a success at our final occasion so I made it public. Lemme know if in case you have any songs so as to add! (YouTube)
• Lastly, what are you watching now? I kinda appreciated Happiness for Beginners, a enjoyable Hallmark-adjacent rom-com that *virtually* impressed me to go tenting. (Netflix and Pleasure the Baker)