Learn to make candy and creamy white chocolate buttercream frosting with this simple recipe. Though it appears plain, the frosting is made with melted white chocolate, so there’s further taste hiding in every creamy swirl. The frosting may be very wealthy and splendidly thick, so it holds lovely form when piped. Attempt it on vanilla cupcakes with raspberry filling!
Transfer apart, vanilla buttercream and cream cheese frosting, and make approach for the brand new white frosting on the town. (I nonetheless love you each, although. There may be room in my coronary heart—and my kitchen—for all of the frostings.)
However possibly you’re uninterested in the identical ol’ vanilla frosting. And whereas I like cream cheese frosting, I do know lots of people in different nations have bother making it, as a result of it’s not at all times simple to search out block-style cream cheese exterior the U.S. So I needed to publish an alternative choice for a scrumptious white frosting that tastes good on a wide range of desserts.
Why You’ll Love This White Chocolate Buttercream
- Further creamy and wealthy from melted white chocolate
- Holds form when piped
- Spreads simply onto baked items
- Can tint it a colour (see it coloured on prime of those white chocolate peppermint cupcakes)
- White chocolate tastes nice with so many alternative flavors
In case you love white chocolate, you’ll take pleasure in these white chocolate strawberry cupcakes too. I add freeze-dried strawberries to make a scrumptious strawberry white chocolate frosting on these!
Seize These 6 Substances
- White Chocolate: For one of the best taste and texture, we want actual white chocolate. Don’t use white chocolate morsels or sweet melts right here—get the real-deal bars of white chocolate.
- Unsalted Butter: Begin with room temperature butter. Room temperature butter is cooler than you assume. If the butter is just too heat, the frosting can be skinny and style greasy.
- Confectioners’ Sugar: We’re utilizing much less confectioners’ sugar on this frosting than we do in vanilla buttercream, as a result of the white chocolate is already candy.
- Heavy Cream or Half-and-Half: Liquid thins out and provides much more creaminess to the frosting. You should use heavy cream or half-and-half. Milk works in a pinch.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract provides unimaginable taste.
- Salt: A pinch of salt offsets all of the sweetness.
Greatest White Chocolate to Use in Frosting
The very best white chocolate frosting begins with actual white chocolate. Don’t use white chocolate morsels as a result of they include stabilizers stopping them from melting into the right consistency. You want the bars of “baking chocolate” discovered within the baking aisle close to the chocolate chips. I like Baker’s and Ghirardelli manufacturers, which are available in 4-ounce bars. You want 6 ounces of white chocolate for this recipe, so that you’ll use 1 and 1/2 bars. Save the remainder for a batch of strawberry cream cookies!
Begin by chopping up the white chocolate and putting it in a microwave-safe bowl. (I often use a glass liquid measuring cup.) Microwave it in 20-second increments, stopping and stirring after every increment. The quick bursts of warmth enable the white chocolate to soften with out burning. As soon as it’s utterly easy, set it apart to let it cool at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
The remainder of the recipe is just like making common vanilla buttercream or strawberry buttercream, and also you’ll add the cooled melted white chocolate in the course of the course of. You’ll want a handheld or stand mixer.
It appears like vanilla buttercream, nevertheless it’s silkier, smoother, and has an extra-rich taste. You’ll like it.
What Tastes Greatest With White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting?
White chocolate pairs fantastically with so many flavors, like chocolate, raspberry, lemon… the listing goes on and on! This recipe makes sufficient for 12–16 cupcakes, a 3-layer 6-inch cake, or a 9×13-inch quarter sheet cake. I like to recommend you 1.5x the recipe for a 2-layer cake.
Do this white chocolate frosting on:
Actually, it’s nice on just about something you may usually prime with vanilla buttercream or cream cheese frosting!
Learn to make candy and creamy white chocolate buttercream frosting with this simple recipe. Though it appears plain, the frosting is made with melted white chocolate, so there’s further taste hiding in every creamy swirl. Remember to use actual white chocolate, and never white chocolate morsels. See recipe Notes.
- Soften the white chocolate: Chop the white chocolate, then soften in a double boiler on the range, or just use the microwave: Place chopped white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl (I often use a glass liquid measuring cup), and microwave in 20-second increments, stirring after each 20 seconds till utterly easy. Set it apart to chill at room temperature for 20 minutes. (Be certain the melted white chocolate has cooled for 20 minutes, so it’s nonetheless melted however not scorching scorching, which might soften the butter.)
- In a medium bowl utilizing a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium pace for 1 minute. Swap the mixer to low pace and slowly add the confectioners’ sugar.
- Stir the cooled white chocolate in order that it’s easy, after which add it to the butter/sugar combination. Swap the mixer to medium pace and beat for two minutes till mixed and creamy.
- Add the cream, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat for 1 minute till mixed. Style. Add 1 extra Tablespoon of heavy cream/milk if wanted to skinny out, if desired. Add one other pinch of salt if frosting is just too candy.
- Use instantly or cowl tightly and retailer for as much as 1 week within the fridge or as much as 3 months within the freezer. After freezing, thaw within the fridge, then beat the frosting on medium pace for a couple of seconds so it’s creamy once more. After thawing or refrigerating, beating in a splash of heavy cream or milk will assist skinny the frosting out once more, if wanted. (It stiffens within the fridge.)
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): Electrical Mixer (Handheld or Stand Mixer) | Glass Liquid Measuring Cup
- White Chocolate: Do NOT use white chocolate morsels on this frosting. Use pure white chocolate, which generally is available in 4-ounce bars, and may be discovered within the baking aisle close to the chocolate chips. I like Baker’s or Ghirardelli manufacturers.
- Cream: For the frosting, milk is OK to make use of as a substitute of heavy cream or half-and-half. Nevertheless, cream is most popular for creamiest texture.
- Amount: This recipe is sufficient to frost 12–16 cupcakes, a 3-layer 6-inch cake, or a skinny layer on a 9×13-inch quarter sheet cake. 1.5x the recipe for a 2-layer cake. (Doubling the recipe can be far an excessive amount of.)
- Adorning Ideas: Remember to take a look at my Piping Ideas 101 publish (with video tutorial!), and my suggestions for important cake baking & adorning instruments.
Key phrases: white chocolate buttercream frosting